You are shopping Northern Brewer US shopping site, to view our Canadian shopping site - Click Here
- Product Details
- Standing brave in the space of traditional porters, Koa Coconut Porter boldly flaunts a mighty dose of tropical coconut. Anchored by a sturdy Robust Porter, this beer demonstrates a valiant balancing act of prominent roast, slight caramel sweetness and a deft addition of toasted coconut to compose a deliciously complex ale. Pouring with assertive black color, Koa Coconut Porter's medium body supports a firm tan head with rich aromas of toasty malt, gallant roast, modest caramel sweetness and steadfast coconut.
- Style: Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer (American Porter base)
- Fermentation Range: 60 - 73F
- OG: 1.060
- SRM: 31
- IBUs: 35
- ABV: 6.0%
- Bready, toasty malt
- Medium bitterness, earthy and floral hop flavor
- Medium bodied
- Moderate roast, faint chocolate and coffee
- Prominent coconut flavor and aroma
- Additional Information
Beer Kit Yield 5 Gallons Recipe and Instructions Koa Coconut Porter All Grain Brewing Instructions Regional Style USA Original Gravity 1060 Total Time to Make 6 weeks
- Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 1 answerWhat additional equipment is needed?BEST ANSWER: I use the GrainFather which is an all-in-one system for mashing, sparging, boiling, and cooling. If you don't have this system, then you need a separate kettle for boiling and possibly another one for sparge water, a mash tun, and a wort chiller.
Hope this helps!