Bid your funnel and siphon sayonara! Pour cooled wort directly from your kettle into the Big Mouth Bubbler® for instant transfers. Pitch yeast without it running down the sides of your fermentor. Easily add flavorings to secondary, and then just as easily remove them!
Last but not least, you asked and we listened—more space for adhesive fermometers than any other glass fermentor! The most obsessively engineered glass fermentor ever created—we are proud and excited to introduce the new and improved Big Mouth Bubbler® EVO 2.
Note: We still strongly recommend the Big Mouth Bubbler® carrying harness.
Each Big Mouth Bubbler® Includes:
- Big Mouth Bubbler® Glass Fermentor, Lid & Stopper
- Big Mouth Bubbler® Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
|Height (w/ lid, closed)||18||17.5|
|Lid Seal Material||PE Foam||PE Foam|
- Early Adopting Sucks Review by Chris
- Overall VERY good Review by Paul
It is thicker and sturdier in feel. Which is good. The 6.5 gallon capacity is nice but 7 gallons would have been even better. I say that because I've got 5.5 gallons blow out the top currently (WLP001 is crazy).
The lid is great. Nice tight seal. But, the 15/16 blowoff tube doesn't fit snuggly. I will try to find 1" to fit inside. I got 1.25" OD tubing to fit OVER the threaded portion, but it doesn't seal tight either.
Overall I am very happy with this fermenter and will likely get a second soon.
They fit inside a milk crate for easy/safe transportation. (Posted on 2/23/15)
- Kiss carboys goodbye Review by Robert
I would agree with another review that the lid is a little tricky to get sealed down all the way, you have to almost practice at it and I did take the advice of using another gasket. Might use another gasket next time actually.
I have no desire to use a standard carboy again. (Posted on 2/19/15)
- Perfect for fast and easy cleanup. Minor lid problem Review by Seth
I highly recommend buying a couple extra gasket sets with these. I had to add two extra gaskets on top of the one that comes on the lid to get an air tight seal.
Once I screwed the lid on with the extra two gaskets installed, the airlock (Stype) activity started immediately. It has been working perfectly ever since. I'm crossing my fingers for no contamination but only time will tell.
I still gave these five stars because they are light years ahead of my regular carboys which I'm not sure I ever got as clean as I wanted. With these cleanup is a breeze. Cuts time in half. Transferring liquid is also made much easier. They seem to be plenty solid, gotta love the volume markers on the side as well.
Props to Northern Brewer as well. Their customer service is top notch. Any minor problems I've ever had they helped solve the issue immediately. (Posted on 2/12/15)
- Great improvement overall Review by Anthony
- Gotta get one (or more) of these! Review by Ted
- New and Improved Review by Allen
1. The glass is much heavier +++
2. The grid work of ridges is gone +++
3. There are graduation marks like the plastic model +++
4. The top is nicely ground flat to make a good seal +++
5. The cap is the same so I'll drill a thermowell port as before.
6. This model came with a rubber stopper instead of the airlock cap that came previously. +
7. The lid on this one takes more torque to put on than my original. This is not a big problem. I believe the threads on the fermenter have some extra material along the mold lines on each side. I will remove it and see if that is the issue.
All in all a great response to the suggestions on the previous model. Love the thicker glass. (Posted on 1/27/15)
You may also be interested in the following product(s)