No longer is an advanced degree in electrical engineering required to achieve flexibility in fermentation temperature control. With ThermoStar™, switching from heating to cooling is not only easier than ever with the simple push of a button, it is instantly recognizable with an LED screen that displays the target temperature in blue when the unit is in cooling mode and red when it is in heating mode. You will never need to unscrew the unit to make changes or internal adjustments.
A low-profile design outfitted with multiple mounting options—everything from magnetic to suction to nail hooks—ThermoStar™ delivers superb, reliable control even in the smallest of fermentation spaces.
Upgrade the modular stainless steel probe to our longer 12” model and monitor the actual internal fermentation temperature of your wort without the need for a thermowell.
|Setpoint Temperature Range||-50°F to 300°F|
|Differential Adjustment||+/- 2°F|
|Width (at widest point)||68mm|
|Standard Probe Length||2 inches|
|Extended Probe Length||12 inches|
|Cord Length||8 feet|
|Support Documents:||ThermoStar™ Instructions|
- Very good product but some custom work needed Review by Matthew
1) Drill the hole for the 12" probe. The probe is 1/4" diameter but because of the rubber you need to drill using either a 17/64 or 9/32 bit. I found the 9/32 a better fit. The 17/64 worked but you need to lube the probe before you insert it through the hole. Start the hole from the bottom of the bung very close to one side and if possible slightly angled parallel to the bung wall. This is needed especially if you use the standard 3 piece airlock.
2) Drill the hole for the airlock. A 1/2 drill worked just fine. Again start from the bottom and keep as far away from the probe hold as is reasonable.
In both holes I ran the bit through then reamed the hold again from the other side using the same bit to get the full diameter.
I could not find a 1/4 grommet on this site for a plastic brew bucket but trip to Home Depot did the job. (Posted on 1/17/15)
- Could use improvement Review by Paul
- very happy with this product Review by Rich
- Smart and simple design Review by jamie
You may also be interested in the following product(s)