Think of this as a British Bitter squared - more malt and more hops equals higher gravity, bigger body, more bitterness, and more intense flavors and aromas. A more complex beer than an "ordinary" low-gravity bitter, an ESB is a showcase for high-quality hops and brewing skill, meant to be enjoyed with consideration rather than merely quaffed. Our kit pours with a rich red color and white head and pronounced aromas of hop and fruit.
|Beer Kit Yield||5 Gallons|
|Recipe and Instructions||Click Here!|
|Beer Style||British Pale Ale/Bitter|
|Total Time to Make||6 weeks|
- First All Grain Review by Trevor
- Delicious Review by Chris
- Nice batch! Review by Mike Robroo
- Excellent kit Review by Ed
- First time brewing this one, and first all grain brew. This is a really excellent example of the ESB style, excellent taste and aroma. Another great offering from NB. This one is going on the "staple" list, the challenge will be keeping up with demand. (Posted on 3/10/11)
- wonderful Review by sleddintrash
- Great Brew Needs 2 weeks If Keggged Review by ALEIENS HOMEBREW CLUB MEMBER.
I Kegged This. Didn;t Taste Right, Two Weeks Later It Kicked Ass My First Serios
Brew. Way Better Than Commerical Beers. (Posted on 9/21/10)