You are shopping Northern Brewer US shopping site, to view our Canadian shopping site - Click Here
- Product Details
- Brewed with South African hops so groundbreaking and rare, they’ve only been used by a handful of American homebrewers before. Presenting Alpha Leonis Stout...an amazingly complex recipe created by our own brewmasters to showcase exclusive 34° Latitude hops, now available from the hop farmers of South Africa in an extremely limited release.
Specially cultivated to withstand the unique growing conditions of South African hop farms at the 34th parallel, these near-mythical hops have captured the attention of brewers around the world. And our brewmasters crafted the perfect stout recipe to highlight their most sought-after qualities.
Named for the brightest star in the ancient constellation Leo, Alpha Leonis Stout is our tribute to the unique tropical stout style brewed in the warmer climates of the southern hemisphere. Flavored with rare Southern Star hops and dark crystal malts for a warming rum-like flavor with hints of coffee and chocolate, Alpha Leonis is truly a one-of- a-kind brew in every way.
- Style: Tropical Stout/Export Stout
- Fermentation Range: 66 - 72F
- OG: 1.065
- SRM: 37
- IBUs: 55
- ABV: 6.4%
- Medium-high roast
- Moderately sweet
- Rum-like notes
- Medium body
- Long, slightly bitter finish
- Additional Information
Beer Kit Yield 5 Gallons Recipe and Instructions Click here for Alpha Leonis Extract Kit Instructions Regional Style No Original Gravity 1065 Total Time to Make 6 weeks
- 4.5 / 5.02 ReviewsAlpha Leonis StoutCame out a little hoppy for my tastes but was a hit at work. I have received a lot of requests to brew this again.January 18, 2018Purchased
11 months agoAlpha Leonis StoutI have brewed 3 stouts back to back and the Alpha Leonis Stout was the first out ! I am a true stout lover and this one is a very good beer. I would definitely brew this one again ! I will let you know how the other stouts do when they come out.December 20, 2017Purchased
4 months ago