You are shopping Northern Brewer US shopping site, to view our Canadian shopping site - Click Here
- Product Details
- Where there’s smoke, there’s flavor. And, now, for the first time ever, you can brew Flue Faker, Camden Town Brewery’s limited-release, seasonal smoked lager, right in your own home!
No passport required to enjoy this perfectly balanced take on a classic Rauchbier, available only in the UK for a few precious weeks out of the year. We’ve worked directly with Camden Town’s brewmaster and founder, Jasper Cuppaidge, to scale his classic recipe especially for homebrewers…right down to the beechwood-smoked malts sourced directly from Bamberg.
More subtle than full-on smoky, Flue Faker is the perfect brew to pair with anything smoked, grilled or cooked in the great outdoors. Featuring just a whiff of wood smoke, alongside sweet notes of fruit and hoppy bitterness, it finishes clean and crisp like a lager should.
The Good StuffBrewing Notes:
- Style: Rauchbier (Smoked Lager)
- Fermentation Range: 50F – 55F
- OG: 1.056
- SRM: 9
- IBUs: 25
- ABV: 5.8%
- Smoked Malt
- Hoppy Bitterness
- Crisp, Refreshing Finish
Brewmaster’s Tasting Notes:You know how food just tastes better on the grill? The same goes for Flue Faker! An update on the classic Bamberg Rauchbier, this seasonal lager pours a rich amber in color with cream-colored head and a tantalizing whiff of toasty beechwood smoke. Those pleasant smoldering notes continue on the palate, paired with a hint of sweet and smoky bacon, balanced fruitiness and a touch of mild hop bitterness. Harmonious and approachable, even for those who claim not to like smoked beers.
- Additional Information
Beer Kit Yield 5 Gallons Recipe and Instructions Camden Town Flue Faker All-Grain Kit Instructions Regional Style German/Czech/Continental Original Gravity 1.056 Total Time to Make 8 weeks
- 4.0 / 5.01 ReviewVery intreguing!After fermenting/lagering for 7 weeks, I couldn't wait any longer and kegged my Flue Faker. (I also needed the space in my lagering fridge!) The smoke aroma is actually stronger than I would have expected. I'm not disappointed, but it's more than a 'hint' of smoke. It doesn't knock you on your head, and I'm planning on smoking some Chicken Wings tonight to celebrate, but I'm pleasantly surprised how 'different' it smells. The uniqueness of this beer is defiantly the aroma. That said, it might not appeal to everyone, and I'd be interested in seeing what it was like had I lagered it for another month or so. I can say the smoke mellowed throughout my lagering- it's not as smoky now as it was as the active fermentation was winding down, and it mellowed over the subsequent weeks. I'll try to chime in as the keg winds down to let you know how it was after another few weeks, or how ever long it takes us to drink it, lol. But if you're looking for something a little different, something to enjoy with a fire or smoked food, you won't go wrong with this one!April 5, 2018Purchased
4 months ago
- Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 2 answersThis is advertized as a lagar, but the yeast selections are all ale... which is it?BEST ANSWER: I sent along the question to the brewmasters... and I see it's fixed now! So now the proper yeasts are offered. Thanks NB!Why are all the yeasts in the option box different than the kit inventory list?BEST ANSWER: I believe there was an error on the Web site. The yeast options are correct for this style now.
You may also be interested in: