Hazy Eights Double NE IPA All Grain Beer Recipe Kit
New England IPAs have certainly gained traction as a mainstay of the craft beer scene. The hazy light color and massive amount of late-addition hops create a delicious beer oozing with hop flavor and aroma. Now, it’s time up up the ante, and this deck is stacked. Eight unique ingredients, just over eight percent ABV and bursting with massive flavors and aromas of tangerine, orange, pineapple, mango, slightly resinous pine and sweet hard candy makes Hazy Eights an unbeatable play.
- Style: Double NE IPA
- Fermentation Range: 64-74F
- Original Gravity: 1.078
- SRM: 4
- IBUs: 53
- ABV: 8.3%
- Aroma: Faint bready malt notes overshadowed by hop aromas of citrus, tropical fruit, pear and subdued resinous pine.
- Appearance: Medium to bright orange color with significant haziness. Tight bright white foam head with lasting stability.
- Flavor: Medium-low soft malt flavors of fresh multi-grain bread play a secondary role to huge hop and yeast derived flavors of orange, mango, pineapple. Moderate bitterness is well balanced by the slightly sweet malt flavors that linger upon swallowing.
- Mouthfeel: Medium body with medium-high creaminess and mouthfeel. Very smooth and soft on the palate with a silky finish.
Brewmaster Brad’s Notes:
“Now that the New England IPA style is around to stay, there is but one way to go with it - make it stronger! Loosely based on our popular Fruit Bazooka NE IPA kit, Hazy Eights Double NE IPA is a real ass-kicker. The combination of Amarillo® and El Dorado provides a spectrum of citrus and tropical fruit flavors, while the modest dose of Idaho #7 hops rounds out the fruity flavor profile and adds a little resinous pine note to make things even more interesting. Brewed with the lightest malts around and a slug of simple corn sugar, this beer will maintain as light of a color as possible, while still fermenting to over 8% ABV. Despite the simple sugar addition, oats and wheat malt help to maintain a smooth, creamy body and create a tight, dense and lasting foam head.”
|Total Time to Make||6 weeks|
|Beer Recipe Kit Instructions||Click here for recipe kit instructions|
Due to the high starting gravity of this kit, we recommend pitching multiple packs of yeast or preparing a yeast starter for best results.
AMARILLO® is a trademark owned by Virgil Gamache Farms, Inc.
Looking for the Extract Version?
Great kit, even better with mango!
We have been home brewers for almost 11 years, and this is one of the best kits that we have ever done!
If you like New England IPAs, you will love Hazy Eights. Hoppy, hazy, and delicious. Particularly like aroma and flavor of the Idaho #7 and El Dorado hops together. A nicely balanced beer that is definitely worth a try!
The beer has a great color to it. Still fermenting, but looks like it's doing well
I have made Hazy Eights many times with great results. Im just a little down as you are sold out now. When will it be in supply again and is it safe to order Imperial A-38 with your current long shipping times?