Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy Extract Beer Recipe Kit
Shining with a slightly hazy, golden radiance and topped with fluffy clouds of brilliant white foam, Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy delivers a refreshing slice of summertime in every sip! Like a trip to the corner lemonade stand – with a deliciously grown-up detour – this shandy combines an all-American style wheat beer with a heaping dose of real crystallized lemon. The result is an incredibly refreshing session-strength ale featuring the tang of freshly-squeezed lemonade without the sugary sweetness. Perfect for any outdoor activity, from swimming holes to sandlot pickup games, Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy is a great go-to, whether you’re looking for a fun, easy-going seasonal fling, or summery brew so refreshing, you’re happy to sip it all year long.
- Style: American Wheat Beer/Fruit Beer
- Fermentation Range: 59 - 74F
- OG: 1.045
- SRM: 4.5
- IBUs: 14
- ABV: 4.4%
- 1-Gallon Extract Kit also available
- Aroma: Noticeable wheat-like maltiness with moderate fruity esters and pronounced lemon aroma.
- Appearance: Deep golden straw color with a slight haze. Firm, lasting brilliant white foam cap.
- Flavor: Smooth malt character of freshly baked bread with faint notes of water crackers. Low bitterness is just noticeable with prominent, refreshingly tart freshly squeezed lemonade flavors lingering after swallowing.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-low body with moderate creaminess and a slight tartness on the back of the tongue.
- Overall Impression: An easy sipping sessionable ale with well-balanced malt and hop character and a refreshing, lingering lemonade flavor on the finish.
Brewmaster Brad's Thoughts:
|Total Time to Make||6 weeks|
|Beer Style||American Wheat Beer, Fruit Beer|
|Beer Recipe Kit Instructions||Click here for recipe kit instructions|
If I had one thing to say, it would be that if you buy a one gallon kit to try, then get the five gallon kit, the instructions are different. It can be confusing if you are new to beer making. Other than that, it was great!!
Brewed this beer as my first. Was planning on serving it to my friends for the fourth, but we cancelled due to covid. Really great session ale, light and poundable.
Lemon jumps right out at you. Not my favorite but others in the house love it! Therefore, it gets 5 stars.
Great lemon ale flavor not too tart not too sweet ... always a summer favorite. Bringing a fresh keg of it to a July 4th party this weekend . Gets better with a little age 2-3 weeks .
My batch turned out great! A perfect summer beer, crisp finish with good lemon flavor that is not too sweet. Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy is good but I prefer this one because it is not as sweet. I saw some others asking about adding more lemon flavor into the brew, and considered it myself, but the northern brewers got this one on point! No need to tinker with it in my opinion. I do like to add a lemon slice to it as I pour in into a chilled glass on these hot Tennessee evenings.