FastFerment 3 Gallon Conical Fermenter
The 3G FastFerment is your all-in-one fermentation solution.
Eliminate 80% of sanitizing and cleaning with this affordable all-in-one conical fermentor. Conduct all stages of fermentation in this single vessel. Remove the trub from the bottom of the fermentor instead of transferring all your liquid to secondary. No siphons, no secondary fermenting vessel to sanitize, no extra bungs and airlocks.
FastFerment produces dramatically better results. Start each batch by letting debris settle out into the collection ball before pitching your yeast! Remove the debris, and pitch into ultra-clear wort. Plus, FastFerment minimizes the risk of oxidation and contamination by eliminating the need to transfer to a second vessel, preventing off-flavors and infection. Keep your batch safe from external spoiling factors by keeping it in one place.
Perfect for making beer, wine, or cider.
- Easy Cleaning and Batch Stirring with a 6" (15cm) removable screw top lid
- Total Capacity 3 US Gallons/ 11.3 Litres
- Made for 1-2 Gallon batches with blow offs
- 3/4"(1.9cm) Bottom valve
- Mason Jar Attachment and 4oz Mason Jar for Yeast Harvesting
- Save $100 & harvest your Yeast Strains!
Just when you thought it couldn't get any more low maintenance, FastFerment has a wide mouth lid for effortless, hands-on cleaning. Plus, you can easily add or remove dry hops or flavor additions during secondary fermentation.
It not just for beer. FastFerment is also perfectly suited for homemade wine or cider!
Each FastFerment Includes:
- One 3 US Gallon / 11.3 Litre Conical Fermenter
- 6" (15cm) Screw Top, Grommet & Airlock
- Bottom Collection Mason Jar For Harvesting Yeast
- 3/4" (1.9cm) Teflon Seated Union Valve
- 3/8" (0.95cm) - 1(30.5cm) Hose with clamp and barb
- 5mm Metal Stand
- Optional Thermometer available for direct monitoring of fermentation temperature.
Check Out These Optional Accessories:
- Insulated Jacket : Allows you to create the ideal temperature for your brewing & wine making.
- Sampling Port : Used to pull off samples of your fermentation for tasting or checking gravity.
- Dial Thermometer : Effectively measure the temperature of your beer or wine.
Height in the stand):
- To top of Airlock: 26", (66cm)
- To top of Lid: 23", (58.4cm)
- Body Width: 10.6", (26.9cm)
- In the Stand: 11", (28cm)
The good: It is much easier to use than a carboy. The wide mouth makes it easy to add hops while fermenting. It also makes it much easier to clean. I like that everything falls to the bottom and can be removed. It makes it much easier to bottle your beer. The bad: the connection between the ball valve and brewing vessel is poorly designed. The threads must be wrapped in teflon tape for each use and there is still the possibility of leaking if not carefully done. It should have been designed with an o-ring and given a firm locking connection. The collection jar is very small and there is no room on the 3-gallon size for a larger mason jar. The butterfly valve can be torn apart for cleaning (good) but while unscrewing the collection jar to install the bottling nipple the valve fitting which holds the ball came undone and the ball fell out. I had to transfer everything to another container, fix the ball valve, and put everything back. Fortunately I only lost 1/2 gallons of beer, but this also shows a poor design. I still like it over a carboy, and knowing its flaws will make it easier on my second batch of beer. Summary: It is a good idea that needs work. If they could improve the connection of the ball valve to the main vessel then I would probably have given it a 4-star rating. If I had known these things before buying the FastFerment system I may have decided to spend a little more an something that was better designed.
This is my second one of these works great however I did snap off the close open valve handle
This fermenter works great. Takes out a lot of oxidation risk with not having to transfer to a separate container to rack off your beer
I'm pretty new to homebrewing and needed a way to iterate through recipes faster (it takes me a long time to work through 5 gallons of brew). This is the perfect size for half batches (2.5 gallons). Half the size, half the ingredients, means half the money per batch as I get my mash and fermenting methods down pat. Highly recommend to anyone who doesn't need to do five gallons at a time. Some people complain about leaks, but I have two FastFerment conicals, and if you watch the assembly video and use plenty of teflon tape, you shouldn't have any trouble.
Arrived with defective lid and missing parts. I’m still waiting for it to be resolved.