Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy Extract Beer Recipe Kit
Shining with a slightly hazy, golden radiance and topped with fluffy clouds of brilliant white foam, Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy delivers a refreshing slice of summertime in every sip! Like a trip to the corner lemonade stand – with a deliciously grown-up detour – this shandy combines an all-American style wheat beer with a heaping dose of real crystallized lemon. The result is an incredibly refreshing session-strength ale featuring the tang of freshly-squeezed lemonade without the sugary sweetness. Perfect for any outdoor activity, from swimming holes to sandlot pickup games, Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy is a great go-to, whether you’re looking for a fun, easy-going seasonal fling, or summery brew so refreshing, you’re happy to sip it all year long.
- Style: American Wheat Beer/Fruit Beer
- Fermentation Range: 59 - 74F
- OG: 1.045
- SRM: 4.5
- IBUs: 14
- ABV: 4.4%
- 1-Gallon Extract Kit also available
- Aroma: Noticeable wheat-like maltiness with moderate fruity esters and pronounced lemon aroma.
- Appearance: Deep golden straw color with a slight haze. Firm, lasting brilliant white foam cap.
- Flavor: Smooth malt character of freshly baked bread with faint notes of water crackers. Low bitterness is just noticeable with prominent, refreshingly tart freshly squeezed lemonade flavors lingering after swallowing.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-low body with moderate creaminess and a slight tartness on the back of the tongue.
- Overall Impression: An easy sipping sessionable ale with well-balanced malt and hop character and a refreshing, lingering lemonade flavor on the finish.
Brewmaster Brad's Thoughts:
|Total Time to Make||6 weeks|
|Beer Style||American Wheat Beer, Fruit Beer|
|Beer Recipe Kit Instructions||Click here for recipe kit instructions|
I haven’t had the opportunity to try it due to COVID. Thought it would be a nice Hobbie for my dad during this time
New brewers and it turned out sooooooo good
Taste great. Easy to brew.
This beer was a hit with everyone who had some. Definitely will be making this again.
Not a bad wheat beer with a lemon taste, but not a real lemon shandy.