FastFerment 7.9 Gallon Conical Fermenter
Eliminate 80% of sanitizing and cleaning with this affordable all-in-one conical fermentor. Conduct all stages of fermentation in this single vessel. Remove the trub from the bottom of the fermentor instead of transferring all your liquid to secondary. No siphons, no secondary fermenting vessel to sanitize, no extra bungs and airlocks.
FastFerment produces dramatically better results. Start each batch by letting debris settle out into the collection ball before pitching your yeast! Remove the debris, and pitch into ultra-clear wort. Plus, FastFerment minimizes the risk of oxidation and contamination by eliminating the need to transfer to a second vessel, preventing off-flavors and infection. Keep your batch safe from external spoiling factors by keeping it in one place.
Perfect for making beer, wine, or cider.
Features: Easy Cleaning and Batch Stirring with a 6" (15cm) removable screw top lid, Total Capacity 7.9 US Gallons/ 30 Litres - Made for 5 Gallon batches with blow offs, Easy Wall Mounting System - Mounts to standard 16" (40cm) wall studs, 33% Bigger Valve for Increased Flow Rate - 1" (2.5cm) Bottom valve compared vs. 3/4" (2cm), Collection Ball for Yeast Harvesting - Save $100 & harvest your Yeast Strains!, Temperature Monitoring Capabilities - SS ThermoWell included - Thermometer Available.
Just when you thought it couldn't get any more low maintenance, FastFerment has a wide mouth lid for effortless, hands-on cleaning. Plus, you can easily add or remove dry hops or flavor additions during secondary fermentation.
Better yet, with the included wall mounts, you can mount the FastFerment high enough to bottle or keg directly from the fermentor! When you're ready to transfer, just put your bottle or keg under the FastFerment, turn on the valve and fill 'er up!
It's not just for beer. FastFerment is also perfectly suited for homemade wine or cider!
Each FastFerment includes:
- One 7.9 US Gallon / 30 Litre Conical Fermenter
- 6" (15cm) Screw Top, Grommet & Airlock
- Bottom Collection Ball For Harvesting Yeast
- 1" (2.5cm) Union Teflon Valve and fittings
- Wall Mounts (2), Mounting Bolts & Anchors (4)
- 1/2" (2cm) PVC Hose (4120cm) & Hose Clamp
- Permanent Stainless Steel Thermowell for Temperature Monitoring. Compatible with our digital temperature controllers.
- Assembly and Care Instructions
Check Out These Optional Accessories:
- Stand for 7.9G FastFerment Conical : Provides a great alternative to wall-mounting, and allows for easier access to your batches
Hop Filter : Stainless steel hop filter to help remove dry hops or other adjuncts from your final product.
- Insulated Jacket : Allows you to create the ideal temperature for your brewing & wine making.
- Sampling Port : Used to pull off samples of your fermentation for tasting or checking gravity.
- Mason Jar Adapter : Lets you attach a standard Mason Jar to the bottom of the fermenter for yeast collection.
- Dial Thermometer : Effectively measure the temperature of your beer or wine.
Carrying Strap : Specially designed to fit snugly, making transport much safer and easier.
- Additional Collection Ball : An extra collection ball allows you to have multiple yeast strains in your yeast vault at a time.
Height (on wall mounts from bottom of collection ball):
To top of Airlock: 35.5", 90cm
To top of Lid: 32", 81cm
Height (in the stand):
To top of Airlock: 37", 94cm
To top of Lid: 33.5", 85cm
With Wall Mounting Bolts: 14.75", 37.5cm
Without Wall Mounting Bolts: 14.25", 36cm
I am running my first batch through this fermenter now, and so far I like it. Ran into some leakage issues early on but it was easily fixed. The ball valve is very stiff to turn, so much so I worried about snapping the whole apparatus from the bottom. The stand puts the bulb very near the floor so building a taller stand/cabinet, or mounting the wall hangers is in my future. Overall I am very happy with it and will likely order another.
Awesome system. The ball switch requires assistance due to sediment getting stuck. I always worry about contamination when dealing with this. And knocking it is not enough. Other than that, make sure you get the stand as it makes going from boiling to fermented much easier.
A little disappointing - the top lid is difficult to seat properly. Be careful not to cross-thread it, this is specifically not covered by the warranty. The bottom opening gets blocked by trub, and it doesn’t make it to the collection unit at the bottom. That is kind of annoying because the whole reason I bought this was to make a clearer brew using a conical fermenter. I see someone else suggests clearing the opening using a rod- so Ive picked up a thin brass rod from Lowes that should be easy to sanitize, and I’ll try that on the next batch. Not ready to give up on this yet, but not really happy so far.
And happy with the product.
I will recommend to every body
Great Fermenter. However, make sure you take into account the cost of the accessories before committing to ordering. I feel like fast ferment could have bundled their product with the accessories and eliminated the nickel and dime experience for the customer. Overall they work great. I purchased two of them.