Chinook Hops Rhizome - Pre-Order for Spring 2021
Grow your own Chinook hops!
These Chinook Rhizomes are root cuttings of the hop bine; to be planted in well-drained soil with plenty of sun and room to climb, then harvest and dry the flower cones in late summer for your brewing pleasure! The is a root cutting from a Chinook vine.
Chinook is categorized as a high alpha variety with an aroma of spicy, piney and a distinct grapefruit. The variety has a good resistance to disease but is susceptible to powdery mildew.
Note: Rhizomes will ship directly from the grower starting in mid April. Minimum order is two rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Rhizomes will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes. Since these are live root stock, we cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide greatest chances of success.
- Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
|Support Documents - Instructions||Click here for instructions|
Chinook: provides a spicy, piney flavor with high alpha, used for bittering and late additions in American ales.
Flavor Profile: Medium intensity, spicy, piney and distinct with subtle tones of grapefruit
Typical Beer Styles: US-style Pale Ale, IPA, Stout, Porter, Lager
Typical Chinook Hop Statistics:
- Alpha Acids: 12.0 — 14.0%
- Beta Acids: 3.0 — 4.0%
- Co-Humulone: 29 — 34% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 1.5 — 2.5 mls/100g
Terrific growth, produced a lot of hops just in the first season.
Chinook Hops Rhizome - Sold out for 2020
My Chinook Rhizome yielded one ounce of nice hops in the first season. They have proven their hardiness to extreme conditions. We are 4500 ft. and had frosty nights every month this summer. It just seemed to make them stronger.
Of the five hops plants I purchased, this eas the second strongest and first to produce. Pleased with first year yield, just enough for my wet hopped Hazy Double NEIPA. Grasshoppers love the plant in zone 6, may spray next year.
Bought 2.. the Chinook and one other strain. Seven days after planting the Chinook took off strong; the other no-showed. Jeremy at NB made it good.