Columbus Hops Rhizome - Pre-Order for Spring 2021
Grow your own Columbus hops!
These Columbus Rhizomes are root cuttings of the hop bine; to be planted in well-drained soil with plenty of sun and room to climb, then harvest and dry the flower cones in late summer for your brewing pleasure!
Columbus hops have a very pungent aroma, and clean bittering properties.
Note: Rhizomes will ship directly from the grower starting in mid April. Minimum order is two rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Rhizomes will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes. Since these are live root stock, we cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide greatest chances of success.
- Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
|Support Documents - Instructions||Click here for instructions|
Columbus: Dual purpose hop with intense earthy and faint citrus character. Use in American ales.
Typical Columbus Hop Statistics
- Alpha Acids: 14.0 - 16.0%
- Beta Acids: 4.0-5.0%
- Co-Humulone: 30 - 35% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 1.5 - 2.0 mls/100g
Columbus Hops Rhizome - Sold out for 2020
I have never grown hops before. Ended up purchasing two of the Columbus and two of the Cascade. Planted them and within a week all four started growing. About three weeks in and they are taking off. Very impressed!
Planted these as soon as I got them. Already a few inches tall and doing great.
Columbus Hop Rhizome - Available for Pre-Order