Goldings Hops Rhizome - Sold out for 2020
Grow your own Golding hops!
These Golding Hops are root cuttings of the hop bine; to be planted in well-drained soil with plenty of sun and room to climb, then harvest and dry the flower cones in late summer for your brewing pleasure!
Goldings hops have a mild and floral aroma.
Note: Rhizomes will ship directly from the grower starting in mid April. Minimum order is two rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Rhizomes will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes. Since these are live root stock, we cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide greatest chances of success.
- Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
|Support Documents - Instructions||Click here for instructions|
Golding: Descendant of East Kent Golding (EKG), features subtle bitterness as bittering hop, but predominantly used as aroma hop in English Ales.
Typical Goldings Hop Statistics:
- Alpha Acids: 4 - 6%
- Beta Acids: 2 -3%
- Co-Humulone: 20% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 0.4 - 1.0 mls/100g
I think you can tell the popularity of a hop by the size of rhizome cutting you receive, and these cuttings are about three times the size as others I have ordered. This hop is underappreciated, but it makes great beers. If you like English style beers, this would be a great hop to grow. Hops are resilient and easy to grow, and I haven't had issues with my cascades or chinook which were much smaller, but having larger cuttings certainly can't hurt.
These are off to a great start so far, growing very rapidly here in the southeast.
I ordered two but only one has come up. They were too long in coming.I am happy I already had others. Maybe it will do better next year and I can give a better report.