Sterling Hop Rhizome - Available for Pre-Order
Grow your own Sterling hops!
These Sterling Rhizomes are root cuttings of the hop bine; to be planted in well-drained soil with plenty of sun and room to climb, then harvest and dry the flower cones in late summer for your brewing pleasure!
Sterling hops have a unique spicy flavor that is reminiscent of both Saaz and Hallertau.
Note: This is a pre-order item; rhizomes will ship directly from the grower starting in mid April. Minimum order is two rhizomes, they can be different types.
- These are a pre-order, and will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes. Since these are live root stock, we cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide greatest chances of success.
- Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
|Support Documents - Instructions||Click here for instructions|
Last Day for Pre-Orders is March 31, 2020.
Sterling: Contains an uncommon oil content resulting in a unique combination of a delicately spiced, citrusy aroma with herbal and floral tones.
Typical Sterling Hop Statistics:
- Alpha Acids: 4.5 — 9%
- Beta Acids: 4 — 6%
- Co-Humulone: 21 — 28% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 0.6 - 1.9 mls/100g
I got my big healthy looking roots and put them in the ground. My hop plants from last year are beginning to emerge so I am encouraged. These rhizomes were fairly large and health looking so many thanks.