The Last Straw® Bottle Filler
The most effortless and ergonomic draft bottle filler available. Bottle cold, carbonated beer directly from your keg and ensure precise carbonation and sediment-free bottles.
Quick to setup and easy to clean, the Last Straw® disassembles in seconds. Comes complete with tubing and fittings. Available for Ball-Lock or Pin-Lock kegs.
Kegging your homebrew is both easy and better for your beer. Keg beer tends to come out clearer and remains more stable over time. But sometimes you still need some bottles of homebrew to share.
Dial-in your psi, force carbonate your kegged beer, and bottle sediment-free homebrew with perfect carbonation. Maintain every last bubble while bottling at serving pressure for commercial-quality, competition-ready homebrew.
Ergonomic, intuitive control and one-handed operation. Go from keg to beer bottle at just 15 seconds a pop!
Ridiculously easy to clean. The Last Straw® disassembles in an instant for quick and painless cleaning. Plus, premium materials prevent contamination, everything that touches your beer is stainless or silicone.
Convenience and control for better beer, faster. The Last Straw® is the last bottle filler you'll ever need. Includes all necessary tubing and fittings. Great addition to any kegerator kit.
|Support Documents||Click here for documents|
- The Last Straw® Bottle Filler
- Tubing & Fittings
Add the Foamless Finish Counterpressure attachment and upgrade your Last Straw® to the ultimate in ergonomics.True counterpressure bottle filling, but with only one hand!
Proposition 65 Warning for California Consumers: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
For the money I wish it came with an extra pressure valve. So small and easy to lose during cleaning. Don’t forget to lower the kg psi to 8ish and make sure your bottles are cold. Not really one handed as I find my self trying to use the second hand to hold the pressure valve in and not blowing off. Other that it works and I have bottles of beer without yeast in the bottom and I’ve left some in the fridge for a month and still as good as the day it went in.
This is a good tool to have if you just want to bottle up a few brews to take on the go. As it ships, it's a bit wasteful and best suited for those of us who primarily serve directly from kegs.
Took a while to get this tested, worked perfectly. Using a CF10 Conical for fermentation and serving. Moved a six pack to the fridge in about 10 min.
The Last Straw Bottle Filler does an excellent job and is easy to use and keep clean. That being said this is not a true counter pressure filler and will not work as well as one. Also, Keep in mind you will need a few extra parts to use this filler including a spare korny can for sanitizing, refer to the directions. The only complaint I have is with the trigger mechanism at the tip of the wand. It is finicky and if presses too hard can lock open so the beer continues to flow when you remove the wand from the bottle. If you are gentle with it it works perfectly.
Here are a few tips for getting the most out of The Last Straw Bottle Filler.
1) Read the directions front to back and follow all the recommendations. I’m a professional brewer and there advice is solid.
2) cold beer holds onto CO2. Warm beer doesn’t. Get everything as cold as possible. I can’t stress this enough. The beer should be as close to 32 as you can get it. It also helps to chill the bottles. Even a few degrees can make a big difference.
3) keep the pressure on you keg at 7-9 psi. Too much pressure will make the beer flow too fast and foam in the bottle, but low pressure will cause the beer to foam in the beer line. If you seen any bubbles in the beer line leading to the wand than the pressure is too low.
4) don’t over carbonate you’re beer. If you like your beers highly carbonated (over 2.8 volumes of CO2) you are likely to have trouble with foaming.
5) unlike bottle conditioned beer, your beer will need to be kept refrigerated after bottling with The Last Straw Bottle Filler. If not than you will find a decline in the quality of the beer in as quick as 4 days.
takes a min to dial in. But fills bottles from keg easily. I recommend getting quick disconnects for the co2 line.. unthreading every time is time consuming. The cpc quick disconnects make it so much quicker.. handle is my biggest complaint.. super easy to break handle off trying to separate the gun.