Atlántico Mexican Lager Extract Beer Recipe Kit
- Style: Light Lager
- Fermentation Range: 49-53 F
- Original Gravity: 1.050
- SRM: 3.5
- IBUs: 17
- ABV: 5.1%
- Aroma: Clean, sweet malt aroma with hints of crusty bread. Low, but pleasant herbal, earthy, and floral hop aroma. Clean fermentation character with low esters and no sulfur.
- Appearance: Golden straw hue with brilliant clarity if sufficiently lagered. Bright white and tight-laced foam head with good persistence.
- Flavor: Crisp, clean malt flavors reminiscent of fresh bread with notes of biscuit. Low bitterness with a medium-low herbal, floral, and pleasing noble hop character.
- Mouthfeel: Easy drinking with medium-low body and a quick finish on the palate. Satisfying and thirst-quenching.
Looking for the All Grain Version?
|Total Time to Make||8 weeks|
|Beer Recipe Kit Instructions||Click here for recipe kit instructions|
Notes from Brad, Northern Brewer Head Brewer:
“Thanks to Imperial Yeast, we are proud to offer this recipe kit formulated around the Mexican lager yeast strain Que Bueno. What is otherwise a simple pilsner-style beer is taken to the next level with this impressively clean and crisp lager yeast. The key to brewing this beer is all about the yeast - pitching a large amount of yeast and ensuring it is provided proper fermentation temperatures will make this a truly memorable beer. While Imperial Yeast does provide 200 billion cells in each package, making a yeast starter or pitching multiple packs of yeast is recommended for the best results. If you prefer to use dry yeast, that's cool too, as the same recommendations still apply. This beer may take a while to make, but the end result is worth it. If you have the patience to let this beer lager for the full 4 weeks as outlined in the instructions, you will end up with a bright, clean, clear, crisp lager with minimal esters and a satisfying dry finish. Kick back, soak up the sun and bask in the glory of your delicious homemade Mexican-style lager.”
Easy to follow instructions with wonderful flavor. I’m sure to make it again
Beer very good but several bottles had no carbonation and caps were secure. Never had this happen before.
Made this beer with good results despite not being able to ferment at the cooler temperatures recommended. Would likely be even better if I had been able to ferment as usual for a lager.
One of the hop bags tore open during shipping. Reached out to Northern Brewer and received no response. Still tastes good but perhaps respond to customer emails next time.
Good lager with slight citrusy taste, but does not taste like a mexican lager i.e. Corona or Sol.