Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy Extract Beer Recipe Kit
Shining with a slightly hazy, golden radiance and topped with fluffy clouds of brilliant white foam, Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy delivers a refreshing slice of summertime in every sip! Like a trip to the corner lemonade stand – with a deliciously grown-up detour – this shandy combines an all-American style wheat beer with a heaping dose of real crystallized lemon. The result is an incredibly refreshing session-strength ale featuring the tang of freshly-squeezed lemonade without the sugary sweetness. Perfect for any outdoor activity, from swimming holes to sandlot pickup games, Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy is a great go-to, whether you’re looking for a fun, easy-going seasonal fling, or summery brew so refreshing, you’re happy to sip it all year long.
- Style: American Wheat Beer/Fruit Beer
- Fermentation Range: 59 - 74F
- OG: 1.045
- SRM: 4.5
- IBUs: 14
- ABV: 4.4%
- 1-Gallon Extract Kit also available
- Aroma: Noticeable wheat-like maltiness with moderate fruity esters and pronounced lemon aroma.
- Appearance: Deep golden straw color with a slight haze. Firm, lasting brilliant white foam cap.
- Flavor: Smooth malt character of freshly baked bread with faint notes of water crackers. Low bitterness is just noticeable with prominent, refreshingly tart freshly squeezed lemonade flavors lingering after swallowing.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-low body with moderate creaminess and a slight tartness on the back of the tongue.
- Overall Impression: An easy sipping sessionable ale with well-balanced malt and hop character and a refreshing, lingering lemonade flavor on the finish.
Brewmaster Brad's Thoughts:
|Total Time to Make||6 weeks|
|Beer Style||American Wheat Beer, Fruit Beer|
|Beer Recipe Kit Instructions||Click here for recipe kit instructions|
Very good, light spring/summer beer. Low ABV and refreshing. Added sour cherry puree to secondary, flavor was excellent. Brewed up as expected and was gone in a hurry.
Awesome. Very refreshing after being out in the heat all day!
After reading several reviews that it wasn’t “lemony” enough I added two cut Lemons while fermenting. A little toI tart for my taste. Not sure if due to the extra lemons or not. I won’t brew again but my son likes it So all good.
This is a great summer beer and everyone that has tried it likes it. If you like wheat beer and want a summer twist this is the beer for you.
I have made many a kits along the years. Some good some a miss. This beer has to be the best kept secret out there. The taste is just perfect, not too much lemon and not to little. I am going to make this my go to beer kit for now . It's one of the easiest beer kits to make as well. Love this one!!