Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy 1 Gallon Beer Recipe Kit
- Style: American Wheat Beer/Fruit Beer
- Fermentation Range: 59 - 74F
- OG: 1.045
- SRM: 4.5
- IBUs: 14
- ABV: 4.4%
- Also available in 5 Gallon Extract Kit
- Aroma: Noticeable wheat-like maltiness with moderate fruity esters and pronounced lemon aroma.
- Appearance: Deep golden straw color with a slight haze. Firm, lasting brilliant white foam cap.
- Flavor: Smooth malt character of freshly baked bread with faint notes of water crackers. Low bitterness is just noticeable with prominent, refreshingly tart freshly squeezed lemonade flavors lingering after swallowing.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-low body with moderate creaminess and a slight tartness on the back of the tongue.
- Overall Impression: An easy sipping sessionable ale with well-balanced malt and hop character and a refreshing, lingering lemonade flavor on the finish.
Brewmaster Brad's Thoughts:
"Not much is more refreshing than an ice-cold glass of fresh lemonade, or for that matter, a cold, lower ABV American Wheat Beer. Brewers have known this to be a great combination for a long time, and it is high time for a recipe kit featuring this classic combination. The base beer is a simple American Wheat with moderately low bitterness and then it is dosed with real, all natural, preservative-free crystallized lemon. Not to be confused with lemonade mixes or soft drink mixes, the crystallized lemon in this recipe is just that -- lemon. Since the crystallized lemon contains no sugar, the beer gets a delicious dose of lemonade flavor without adding additional fermentables that could lead to a renewed fermentation or possible over-carbonation in the bottle. Give this one a whirl, it is truly a refreshing treat even for the biggest of hop heads."
|Total Time to Make||6 weeks|
|Beer Style||American Wheat Beer, Fruit Beer|
|Beer Recipe Kit Instructions||Click here for recipe kit instructions|
Turned out fantastic. Crowd favorite!
So far this has been my favorite and is perfect for summer. I recommend this to anyone who would like a light refreshing taste for those hot summer get togethers.
First time brewing a summer shandy. The batch I made turned out great! Can't wait to brew this one again sometime
The brewing was very easy. There was not a lot of CO2 produced during fermentation which thre me off. I waited 2 weeks then bottled the beer. The beer tastes like a light beer with some citrus flavor. Being labeled a New England IPA I was hoping for more flavor. The instructions were basic and I was able to brew beer. Overall it is not bad if you are looking for a light beer with a hint of citrus. Do not expect a Porch Rocker flavor