You are shopping Northern Brewer US shopping site, to view our Canadian shopping site - Click Here
- Product Details
- Creating the railroad empire across the west took considerable fortitude, commitment, and a strong back. Empire Builder Cream Ale is a nod to that incredible effort. This recipe boasts an original gravity of 1.074, certainly not for the weak of heart, and the sturdy malt backbone provides the basis on which this strength is founded.
Speaking of commitment, Americans have brewed the Cream Ale style for a century or more, growing and adapting it right along with our railways. This scaled up version of the classic boasts clean malt flavors, a firm bitterness, and features traditional adjuncts to achieve its medium body. Pouring with a deep golden hue and capped with a dense brilliantly white foam cloud, Empire Builder Cream Ale forges west into the sunset, never looking back.
- Style: Imperial Cream Ale
- Fermentation Range: 60 - 73F
- OG: 1.074
- SRM: 5
- IBUs: 31
- ABV: 7.9%
- Clean, grainy malt character
- Spicy, floral hop flavor
- Faint alcohol notes
- Medium-high body
- Moderately long, smooth finish
- Additional Information
Beer Kit Yield 5 Gallons Recipe and Instructions Click Here for Empire Builder Extract Kit Brewing Instructions Regional Style USA Original Gravity 1074 Total Time to Make 8 weeks
- 3.5 / 5.02 ReviewsSmooth BrewI made this for the first time, sat in primary for 2 weeks and 2 in secondary, I waited a week to try the first was actually good, I wasn't expecting to be ready. After 3 more week this brew is great. I'm trying to keep it for the spring time but might not lastJanuary 26, 2017Purchased
10 months agoFirst reviewJust brewed and came out good to start. Be careful of boil over after adding the DME and sugar at the 45min mark. My original gravity came out a lot lower than what is said to be, I'm at 1.066 so disappointed in that especially with this being an imperial kit. Hopefully it will turn out good still.December 26, 2016
- Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 11 answersWhat's the ABV for this drink?BEST ANSWER: The batch I made came in at around 8 percent. Pretty strong but smooth.
1 16oz bottle will give you a good buzz.Best beer I've ever made.I highly recommend it.do you need a yeast starter for this beer?BEST ANSWER: Thanks for contacting Northern Brewer. Since the original gravity of this beer is 1.074 we do suggest creating a yeast starter or you could just purchase two packets of yeast and pitch it at the same time. This will prevent the yeast from getting fatigued eating all of that sugar and turning it into alcohol. Cheers!
You may also be interested in: