You are shopping Northern Brewer US shopping site, to view our Canadian shopping site - Click Here
- Product Details
To bring you an extremely limited run of this unprecedented recipe, we braved the jungles of San Diego to secure the only existing samples of Australian Ale Yeast from the White Labs Vault. It's a truly spectacular strain. Fresh, ravenous and raring to tear through your wort, fermenting the beer dry, then dropping out of suspension rapidly, leaving a very clear, clean brew in its wake.
White Labs keeps its specialty strains under lock and key, releasing strictly limited quantities into the wild. And we scored every last vial of Australian Ale yeast in the Vault, so if you want to savor the clean malt flavors this rare yeast yields, better bag this trophy beer kit now. Roaring with robust Australian Galaxy hops, raging with tropical aromas, Taz is aggressive on the palate, then quickly relaxes into a creamy balance against sparkling, silky Maris Otter malt. Devilishly delicious and so limited, it will be extinct before you know it. Sink your claws into this unique Limited Edition recipe kit while you still can.Brewing Notes
- Style: Australian IPA
- Fermentation Range: 65 70F
- OG: 1.062
- SRM: 5
- IBUs: 60
- ABV: 6.2%
- Aroma: Moderate malt aromas of fresh bread crust. Dominant passionfruit, citrus, dark stone fruits with supporting but subdued notes of floral and herbal earthiness.
- Appearance: Brilliant golden straw to light orange color with good clarity. Bright white foam head with moderate lacing.
- Flavor: Smooth, clean bready malt character with hints of crackers. Prominent tropical fruit flavors with undertones of tangerine like citrus and very faint spiciness. Moderate to low alcohol sweetness.
- Mouthfeel: Medium body with a smooth, long finish with fading bitterness as the sip is swallowed.
- Overall Impression: A really well balanced hop-forward ale with perfectly supporting malt background. Fruity in flavor and both fruity and earthy in aroma.
Tasmanian Devil IPA is a showcase of clean malt character and the bold flavors of Australian hops and ale yeast. 3 ounces of Galaxy hops provide this recipe with awesome hop flavors and aromas of prominent citrus, tropical fruit and faint earthiness. Coupled with exclusive White Labs Yeast Vault Australian Ale yeast specially ordered just for this recipe kit, the resulting beer is stunningly complex. This great yeast strain is a bit of a beast, boasting relatively high attenuation to dry the beer out, good flocculation characteristics to produce a clear beer, and restrained flavors to let the grain bill and hop charges really stand out.
- Additional Information
Beer Kit Yield 5 Gallons Recipe and Instructions Click here for Limited Release Tasmanian Devil Australian IPA All-Grain Kit Instructions Regional Style British Original Gravity 1062 Total Time to Make 6 weeks