FastFerment Insulated Jacket
The FastFerment Insulated Jacket allows you to create the ideal temperature for your Brewing & Wine Making in FastFerment. It works with the Wall Mounts*** & with the FastFerment Stand. The jacket is perfect for the 3 Gallon FastFerment and 7.9 Gallon FastFerment Conical Fermenters.
In hot climates, add 2L bottles of ice to cool it down, switching them out every 2-5 days. In cool climates, simply add a heating pad.
***FastFerments produced before August of 2015 contain brackets that are not strong enough to hold the additional weight of the insulated jacket and necessary ice. Please see photo and ensure your brackets are compatible with the FastFerment Insulated Jacket.
Details and Dimensions
- Sturdy nylon exterior
- Waterproof thermo plastic inside
- Dimensions: 20.5" diameter, 34" tall
How Does The Insulated Jacket Work?
The Insulated Jacket works great up to a 30 degrees F drop below room temperature!
It is easy to control the desired temperature by using frozen 2-liter bottles as follows:
- One frozen 1-liter bottle will result in a 2.5 degree F drop below room temperature.
- One frozen 2-liter bottle will result in a 5 degree F drop over below temperature.
- Two frozen 2-liter bottles will result in a 10 degree F drop below room temperature.
- Three frozen 2-liter bottles will result in a 15 degree F drop below room temperature. This method is scalable all the way up to around a 30 degree F drop below room temperature! A frozen 2-liter bottle typically does not thaw completely in 24 hours so it is easy to maintain a constant temperature drop.
These are awesome and I highly recommend to anyone without a good way to regulate temperature. I have two and they have greatly increased the quality of my brew.
I have been using this with the floor stand, so far I have only frozen 1 gallon jug and a couple of smaller bottles, they dropped the interior temp of the jacket about 2 deg.after about 14 hr...the wort temp has come down but not but much. I expected that lag, I think it will take a substantial amount of ice to change the temp of 5 gal of wort but not so much to maintain it once it has cooled to desired temp.
Obviously a chest cooler or something like that with exact temperature control would be better but this did a decent job maintaining the temperature while brewing. I did buy this for my big mouth bubblers and brewdemon fermernators.
Works as advertised. Keeps temperature with a heat blanket in winter
This jacket is better than nothing, but not by a lot. It does not work at all with the brewjacket immersion cooler. The insulated jacket barely gets below ambient temps. Rotating ice bottles in and out do not give temp drops as advertised.