Fermenter's Favorites® Rack Magic® Siphon
- Can be completely disassembled for cleaning
- Body is made out of 35% thicker plastic for better shatter resistance
- Bottom cap screws on so you will never lose it again
- Feels much more solid and well-built
- Purpose built for brewers by brewers
- Works best with 5/16" ID siphon hose, but 3/8" will work as well (not included)
- Max. operating temperature 140° F
- Length: 26.5"
No additional information.
Seems overly engineered, introduces air and too many parts , hard to clean, basically sucks
I used this because it came out of the 1 gallon starter kit, and had trouble with it when transferring wort to the fermentation vessel, and later when racking. I followed instructions about keeping the seal wet when pumping it, but it still seemed to just be pumping air back and forth while picking up a small amount of liquid. Very frustrating for a first home-brew experience.
If there is any way I can cut this step, I will. The shelf life on these is not very long.
Worked well on the first batch but kept losing the siphon on the second.
This siphon saved me a lot of frustration and effort for small batches.