Sprowt Labs: Acro - The Personal Malthouse
Welcome to the Flavor Frontier™
Acro is the first personal malthouse. It's pilot malting equipment for accelerating the malting revolution. Acro automates the week-long malting process and consistently produces high-quality malt. Imagine the control of your recipes when you can control the grain variety, farmer source, or color level of your malts. Interested in historic brewing barley varieties, or a truly local beer made with barley you or your farmer grew? Want to try caramel 35L instead of caramel 40L or maybe experiment between 2L and 3L base malt? No problem, hook the machine up to water, power, and wifi, design a recipe in our web app, add your grain, and you're ready to start malting.
Who can benefit from a personal malthouse?
- Homebrewers: Create novel, experimental malts. Finally, gain creative control from seed to glass.
- Maltsters: Develop new recipes or analyze grain lots without wasting significant grain.
- Nano Brewers & Distillers: Vertically integrate. Stand out with truly unique beers or spirits.
- Craft Brewers & Distillers: Dig into and refine your supply chain in a way you've never been able to.
- Academics: Run your own experiments, engage students in interdisciplinary work, and connect with brewers and farmers in your community.
Precise Climate Control
The secret to malting is giving your grain the proper cavelike environment to promote even germination. It’s not as simple as malting in a cave though. Seeds are living, breathing things - if you’re not careful, they can get out of control quickly. Acro's technology responds to what is currently happening in the grain bed and keeps the seeds happy from steep-in to kiln-out ensuring consistent malting from batch to batch.
Automation Meets Craftsmanship
Brewing takes several hours, but malting takes a whole week. If you’re a person who works or sleeps, you don’t want to babysit your grain 24/7 – let your personal malthouse do it for you. Help your award-winning recipes stand out even more with custom malts that you design. You get to participate in the craft of malting, not the labor. Check on your grain once a day and use your senses to evaluate its progress.
Whether you’re using a recipe or experimenting with your own, you can rely on Acro's software to track and use data to make high-quality, consistent malt every time. It’s WiFi connected, so even when you’re not there, you can still check on it - just log into the web app and check out live malting data.
|Support Documents||Click here for documents|
- Yields: 10-35 lbs. of finished malt to supply up to 1⁄2 BBL brewing setups
- Dimensions: 20" x 16" x 20"
- Weight: 67.5 lbs.
- Power: 110-120V 15A
- Water Source: Standard house water hookup required
- Connectivity: 802.11b/g/ n WiFi
- The Acro, the Personal Malthouse
- Spike Brewing CF15 Conical Unitank
- Stainless steel false bottom
- inlet and outlet fittings, tubing, and ducting
- Racking and Dump port adaptors
- Temp sensor
- One bag of Malting Barley to get you started
Please check support documents for a full list.
Acro's climate control is powerful technology that can be applied to your brewery’s fermentation and hop processing as well!
- Ditch the fridge, input a dynamic fermentation schedule online, and let the Acro's technology control the temp of your fermenting ales or lagers.
- Dump in your freshly harvested hops and dry them perfectly to maximize hop oil content.