Playing a clever trick on the palate, Teeny Behemoth is a low ABV Session IPA recipe that retains the body, mouthfeel and flavor of an ale of higher strength. The combination of classic American hop varieties coupled with newer contemporary hops creates a broad swath of citrus, tropical fruit and pine flavors, while the malt bill provides all the body and flavor synonymous with standard American IPA. Go ahead and enjoy this deeply golden sipper throughout the day, the reduced alcohol content makes Teeny Behemoth the perfect companion for a day of outdoor fun.
- Style: Session IPA
- Fermentation Range: 65 70F
- OG: 1.050
- SRM: 6
- IBUs: 40
- ABV: 4.9%
- Aroma: Grapefruit, passionfruit, slight spice, pine
- Appearance: Golden orange with brilliant white head
- Flavor: Moderately bitter with hoppy notes of citrus, dark fruit and slight pine. Clean malt flavors with faint caramel.
- Mouthfeel: Medium body with moderate creaminess and smooth finish
- Overall Impression: A pleasing, low alcohol IPA beer that drinks like an IPA with much higher alcohol content. Well balanced.
"A bit of a departure from "normal" IPA brewing practices, Teeny Behemoth has been designed to have more body and mouthfeel than a beer its size. Utilizing dextrin malts, oats and in the case of the all-grain version, a relatively high mash temperature, the resulting beer has a low alcohol content for an American IPA but retains the body one would expect for a normal strength IPA. Mixing classic American hops with newer varieties adds a wonderful depth of hop character."
|Total Time to Make||6 weeks|
|Beer Recipe Kit Instructions||Click here for recipe kit instructions|