Vinturi Red Wine Aerator Tower Set
Decanting Your Wine.
The improvement made by decanting wine is dramatic, especially if that wine is less than a year old. Decanting will take young wine from a closed-up, muted aroma to a fully open, approachable one with rich drinkability, smoothness, and the characters associated with commercial wine. Aged whites and most of your reds will really benefit from decanting, as it gives them a chance to open up and show off their well-developed bouquet.
In addition to letting the flavors and aromas come alive, decanting also
- Separates the wine from any sediment (definitely an œoops but if you decant it, no one will ever know!)
- Removes any trapped carbon dioxidefizz, making the wine smoother. Dissolved CO2 in forms carbonic acid, giving the wine a œbite something that occasionally affects beginning winemakers.
- Drives off any sulfite aroma. Our wines have a carefully measured, very low amount, but if you think you can detect it, decanting will take care of it.
- Reduces heavily oaked oodycharacter and show more of fruit quality.
- Softens highly tannic red wine, reducing astringency, and giving a fruitier, more approachable flavor and aroma.
Decanting is usually done by pouring an entire bottle into a specialty decanting vessel, then waiting for 30 minutes to an hour while it gradually absorbs air and releases aromas. Now, however, you can speed up the process with the Vinturi Red Wine Aerator Tower Set;it opens and develops red wines in the time it takes to pour a glass, without the waiting associated with traditional decanting.
Vinturi patented technology creates an increase in the wine velocity as it pours through the unit, while simultaneously decreasing pressure on the flow. The pressure differential draws in a precise amount of air, mixes it with the wine for the right amount of time, and instantly delivers a better bouquet, enhanced flavors, and a smoother finish - all while pouring one-handed, and it can do a whole bottle, or a single glass at a time. It that easy.
The set has a stylish, classic look. Made from specially formulated wine-safe acrylic it comes complete with an elegant, curved tower with no-splash grate, which holds the Vinturi Red Wine Aerator at the perfect height for pouring into the glass.
The Vinturi Tower disassembles easily and is dishwasher-safe, the no-drip stand keeps wine off surfaces when not in use, and a clever filter screen protects your wine glass from bits of cork or any sediment. The Vinturi Red Wine Aerator is perfect for quickly and perfectly aerating an entire bottle of wine, even if you do it one glass at a time!
- Vinturi Red Wine Aerator
- Tower Arm
- Tower Base
- No Splash Grate
- No-Drip Aerator Stand
- Filter Screen