You are shopping Northern Brewer US shopping site, to view our Canadian shopping site - Click Here
- Product Details
- Throughout history, explorers have risked life and limb to experience the wonders of exotic new worlds. Now, we’re delivering a beer inspired by the most revolutionary hop variety to hit the beer world in decades right to your doorstep. All you have to do is brew it.
Presenting Queen of Africa IPA, an enticing, big-bodied beer recipe built around the groundbreaking new African Queen hop variety so rare, craft and homebrewers alike are scrambling to acquire them. And we’ve got a limited release of these 34° Latitude hops direct from the hop farms of South Africa slated just for homebrewers.
According to our brewmasters (who’ve sampled a LOT of beer and savored a LOT of hops in their lifetime) the flavor profile of these hops is mind-bendingly unique—a combination of sweet fruits, lemongrass, stone fruit, mild herbal-pine and a slight coconut note.
To let those flavors really shine, we created a recipe rooted in the familiar—a traditional West Coast IPA, bittered with Columbus hops. Then we layered in a royal helping of African Queen hops for flavor, followed by even more dry hops following fermentation.
The result is an exotic twist on a perennial favorite...the best of all worlds, and the jewel of the 34th parallel!
- Style: Double IPA
- Fermentation Range: 60 - 73F
- OG: 1.075
- SRM: 7
- IBUs: 85
- ABV: 8.2%
- Bready, malty backbone
- Sweet stone fruit hop flavor
- Subtle lemongrass and coconut
- Smooth, medium body
- Dry, long finish
- Additional Information
Beer Kit Yield 5 Gallons Recipe and Instructions Click here for Queen of Africa All-Grain Instructions Regional Style USA Original Gravity 1075 Total Time to Make 6 weeks
- 5.0 / 5.01 ReviewGreat IPAI purchased this IPA to honor a great friend who is originally from South Africa.The order arrived on time. The grain crush was perfect and I was able to hit my OG following the instructions provided.
If you like citrus flavored IPA beers you should give this a try.March 21, 2018Purchased
3 months ago
- Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 5 answersWhat advanced equipment is needed?BEST ANSWER: This is a regular all grain kit and you just need a burner and stainless steel kettle to cook the wort , a 10 gal water cooler for the mash after it is cooked and a fermenter for the fermenting period. I prefer the 6.5 gal plastic bucket over the Big Mouth bottle. There isn't any real special equipment if you usually brew beer from an all grain kit. This was a very good beer and I highly recommend it. We will brew it again soon. Enjoy.
You may also be interested in: