You are shopping Northern Brewer US shopping site, to view our Canadian shopping site - Click Here
- Product Details
- As if zombies weren’t bad-ass enough…Imagine some evil genius unleashes a super-race of cryogenically-enhanced zombies upon the world. Now the bad-assery is cranked up to 11. And THAT level of world-shaking mayhem is what our new limited edition Zombie Frost kit is all about.
A twist on our incredibly popular Zombie Dirt recipe kit, this special edition is the product of our own evil genius brewmasters, who dosed the original recipe with near-infectious levels of Citra Cryo Hops…first in the boil, then again in the fermentor. The result: a cryogenically-enhanced brew so intensely aromatic and flavorful, it could wake the undead.
If you’ve been looking for an excuse to take Cryo Hops out on a test run, this is the kit you’ve been waiting for. The extremely low-temp extraction process delivers amped-up levels of essential hop oils and resins. Which makes this brew the perfect host for intense beats of grapefruit, passion fruit and melon, all wrapped up in rich, bready malt zombie character you know and love.
Brewmaster Brad's Thoughts: In order to really turn up the hop flavor and aromatics, conducting a 10 minute hopstand after the boil has finished really gets all of the Citra goodness out of the Cryo Hops. The huge amount of hop oils that end up in the finished beer are really what cranks up the flavor and the aroma is then bolstered by a sizable dose of more Cryo Hops in the fermentor.
- Brewing Notes:
- Style: Pale Ale/IPA
- Fermentation Range: 65 - 70F
- OG: 1.060
- SRM: 8
- IBUs: 70
- ABV: 5.9%
- Tasting Notes:
- Intense citrus and tropical fruit
- Robust bready malt flavor
- Medium body
- Smooth, long finish with lingering bitterness
- Insanely aromatic
- Additional Information
Beer Kit Yield 5 Gallons Recipe and Instructions Zombie Frost All-Grain Beer Kit Instructions Regional Style USA Original Gravity 1.060 Total Time to Make 6 weeks
- 5.0 / 5.02 ReviewsReceived and readyI just received the zombie frost package and all was in good order. Looking forward to boiling some wort this weekend to move this brew into the fermentation stage.March 9, 2018Zombie Frost All-GrainPackage just dropped off by UPS. Obviously, haven't had chance to brew it yet, but upon unpacking and checking, all components are there and survived shipping with no problems. As soon as the weather cooperates, will brew it up and follow up with a post brew review.March 8, 2018Purchased
2 weeks ago