You are shopping Northern Brewer US shopping site, to view our Canadian shopping site - Click Here
- Product Details
- As if zombies weren’t bad-ass enough…Imagine some evil genius unleashes a super-race of cryogenically-enhanced zombies upon the world. Now the bad-assery is cranked up to 11. And THAT level of world-shaking mayhem is what our new limited edition Zombie Frost kit is all about.
A twist on our incredibly popular Zombie Dirt recipe kit, this special edition is the product of our own evil genius brewmasters, who dosed the original recipe with near-infectious levels of Citra Cryo Hops…first in the boil, then again in the fermentor. The result: a cryogenically-enhanced brew so intensely aromatic and flavorful, it could wake the undead.
If you’ve been looking for an excuse to take Cryo Hops out on a test run, this is the kit you’ve been waiting for. The extremely low-temp extraction process delivers amped-up levels of essential hop oils and resins. Which makes this brew the perfect host for intense beats of grapefruit, passion fruit and melon, all wrapped up in rich, bready malt zombie character you know and love.
Brewmaster Brad's Thoughts: In order to really turn up the hop flavor and aromatics, conducting a 10 minute hopstand after the boil has finished really gets all of the Citra goodness out of the Cryo Hops. The huge amount of hop oils that end up in the finished beer are really what cranks up the flavor and the aroma is then bolstered by a sizable dose of more Cryo Hops in the fermentor.
- Brewing Notes:
- Style: Pale Ale/IPA
- Fermentation Range: 65 - 70F
- OG: 1.060
- SRM: 8
- IBUs: 70
- ABV: 5.9%
- Tasting Notes:
- Intense citrus and tropical fruit
- Robust bready malt flavor
- Medium body
- Smooth, long finish with lingering bitterness
- Insanely aromatic
- Additional Information
Beer Kit Yield 5 Gallons Recipe and Instructions Zombie Frost Extract Beer Kit Instructions Regional Style USA Original Gravity 1.060 Total Time to Make 6 weeks
- Browse 4 questions Browse 4 questions and 3 answersWhat yeast is recommended for this brew?BEST ANSWER: From the yeast options above... Safale S-04 Dry Yeast or Omega or Wyeast for the liquid yeasts.How about a one gallon kit of Zombie Frost?Can we get the grain bill for this to make a 5 gal all gtain batch?BEST ANSWER: Thanks for contacting Northern Brewer. I understand you would like to make this as an all-grain recipe. We do have all our recipes online in extract and all-grain. The recipes and the grain bills for them are in the additional information section on the website, but here are the grains: 10.5 lbs Rahr 2-row, 1.5 lbs Munich malt, 0.5 lbs Carapils, and 0.5 lbs Medium Crystal. Cheers!Can we get a break down of the exact grain bill to make this as an all grain (5 gal)?BEST ANSWER: Thanks for contacting Northern Brewer. This is the extract version of the kit. The specialty grain in the kit are a half pound of Briess Carapils and a half pound of English Medium Crystal. Cheers!