You are shopping Northern Brewer US shopping site, to view our Canadian shopping site - Click Here
- Product Details
- We’re in the face of an epidemic where Citra is the only cure—but it’s been hidden under lock and key! We’ve hoarded every last bit we could get our hands on and thrown it into a limited quantity of Zombie Dirt kits—as many as we could make with dwindling stores of the harvest. Act now and save yourself! Brew as much Zombie Dirt as you can before it’s too late.
One whiff of the infectious aromatics is enough to reanimate the dead. Zombie Dirt is a ballad to the epicly hard-to-find pale ale of the Midwest, an epidemic centered just outside of Chicago. Loaded with 8 oz. of pure Citra hops, this pale ale is rarer than zombified-unicorn dust.
Staggering citrus, melon and passion fruit come alive in this pale, single-hop Citra showcase. Toasty malt limps in the background as the apocalyptic bite of grapefruit-honeydew hop character lurches forward. Zombie Dirt is the only defense against homebrew hunger, but a single pint is never enough protection.
- Brewed with 100% Citra hops.
- Moderate kettle additions and large dry hop additions push the aroma of this beer to the maximum.
- Flavors and aromas of tropical fruits and citrus dominate, but are well balanced by the slightly toasty malt character brought forth by the addition of Munich malt.
- This is a beer intended to be consumed very fresh - the hop character will fade quickly with age.
- Additional Information
Beer Kit Yield 5 Gallons Recipe and Instructions Complete Zombie Dirt Extract Kit Instructions Regional Style USA Original Gravity 1062 Total Time to Make 6 weeks
- 4.7 / 5.028 ReviewsSuper Citra...Great kit, will repeat similar beers as I am in love with citra after brewing this beer. I am in search for the original now after drinking this as it's a great all around beer. Great color, taste, smell, etc...recommend this to anyone...August 29, 2015Lives Up to the HypeAfter one month in the primary and three weeks in the keg this beer is absolutely delicious. With the amount of hops added, I really thought this was going to be more of an IPA but the balanced flavor of the Citra hops and the malty character of this beer make for a truly excellent pale ale.December 14, 2015Awsome! given timeI brewed this 7-15 excited to try something with straight Citra hops (my fav). Found this to be a little bitter right at 2 weeks bottle conditioning as I am usually impatient. What a difference another couple of weeks makes. After letting it sit, the bitterness disappeared and it was nothing but pure bliss. Awsome aroma, smooth citrus/floral without a hint of bitterness afterwards. I would put this up there with Cascade Mountain and the Pliny clones for my favorite brews my 2 ish years of brewing (obvious hop head). I had it after drinking the real thing and liked mine better. Color is a little darker (I'm an extract brewer), but this one is less sweet than the original.October 8, 2015Lots O' HoppsIve received rave reviews from friends that have tried it. It's not insanely hoppy in flavor which I liked. The recipe called for lots of hops and it was tough to bottle without getting some of the sediment, which made the beer pretty murky. Loved the taste, though, and will try making it again!September 29, 2015Amazing!We brewed this back in early November along with the Holiday Festivus Ale and the Zombie Dirt was the clear winner. I have never had Zombie Dust, but i assume it is close to this brew since our batch was fantastic. I love citra hops so this one was right up my alley! Awesome aroma from the dry hops and the taste and finish are absolutely a citrus bomb! I can't wait to brew this again!February 5, 2016GreatAwesome balance between malt and citra hops.January 10, 2016Better than the original?Very close to the original after bottling 6 days ago. Nice job northern brewer. Keep this kit around for good, please!August 15, 2015Pretty AwesomeThis was my first kit from NB, as I have only tried a couple of Brewers Best kits before. A lot of fun to brew with this many citra additions and worked great with the wyeast. Expensive kit but honestly, well worth it. Mine turned out a little darker like others have pointed out. Btw, the smell of hops when transitioning to a secondary fermenter literally almost knocked me out. Will definitely order again.December 2, 2015Fantastic!I just let two of my zombie dust loving friends try this beer and they like it better!! I did seven days in the primary and three weeks in secondary and it's delicious!February 15, 2016One Serious IPAMy family and I have been on the IPA bandwagon for some time. Zombie Dirt knocked our socks off. This has become our new favorite brew. If your apatite for hops can't be satisfied, this is the brew for you. The pine and citrus is not just a note but a power chord.November 23, 2015
- Browse 6 questions Browse 6 questions and 9 answersHas anyone found it necessary to do a Diacetyl Rest on the recipe using the wyeast suggested. Wyeast website recommends it, but wondering if anyone has?BEST ANSWER: Hi Mark,
A diacetyl rest would be a good idea; especially if wyeast recommends it. If you have the ability to do so, it's usually a good idea anyway. There sure wouldn't be any negative side effects from it.
CharlesWhat kind of ABV can I expect from this kit?BEST ANSWER: Hello Mike,
Thank you for choosing Northern Brewer! That kit will get you to about 6% ABV.Any plans to offer it as an 1 gallon kit?BEST ANSWER: We don't have any plans for that at the moment but I will pass your request along to our product team.Has anyone done a D-Rest on this recipe when using the recommended wyeast? Wyeast website recommends it, but wondering if anyone has found it necessary?BEST ANSWER: The 1968 strain does produce a decent amount of diacetyl, so it is a good idea. You can monitor the ferment to see if discetyl is present, or do one just in case. A good practice is to let the ferment temp free rise above 70 a few days after the ferment has begun...this will ensure you get good attenuation and the beer is not too sweet, since the 1968 does leave some residual sugar behind. I hope this helps! Cheers!What is the shelf life?BEST ANSWER: Can't remember bottle date, if you have my purchase date, bottling was 7-8 weeks after. Just drank last one, it may have fallen off a little, but was still excellent. I drink a lot of Zombie Dust, & this beer holds up very well to it. GREAT kit.What is the IBUs?BEST ANSWER: The approximate estimated IBUs for this kit is 62.