DIY Kegerator or Keezer Kits
A homemade kegerator or keezer can be one of the most satisfying projects for a home brewer, next to making the beer itself. Not only is it easy to do, but you can design one that meets your individual needs and space requirements.
Be sure to watch our video on how to build your own keezer out of a chest freezer, then follow these 10 steps:
- Figure out how many kegs you want to have on tap.
- Select a chest freezer that can hold that many kegs (a ball lock keg is roughly 9 inches wide and 24 inches tall).
- Add liquid lines for each keg. Our Draft Brewer® Cold Crash™ Keezer Kit makes that easy.
- Choose a CO2 Regulator. A double-body regulator, like the CO2PO™ Double Body Regulator provides the most flexibility for serving and carbonating multiple kegs.
- Choose a CO2 manifold, to distribute CO2 to all of your kegs. We recommend choosing a slightly larger model to provide a few extra ports to use with a bottle filler like the Last Straw®. Give yourself room to expand the system. Our Draft Brewer® Cold Crash™ Keezer Gas Line Kit includes everything you need. Just choose the size you want.
- Add a CO2 Tank. A 5 lb. tank is reasonable for a few kegs, but for larger builds, consider a 10 lb. or 20 lb. tank.
- Add a temperature controller like the Dual-Stage Temperature Controller to keep the freezer from freezing your beer.
- Assemble everything as described in our video.
- Brew a lot and fill that Keezer!
If you lack the space for a full chest freezer, consider building a mini-fridge kegerator with the Draft Brewer® Kegerator King package.
Just about everything you need for your own kegerator kit except a mini-fridge. With your own homebrew kegerator, it’s party time all the time! The...View full details
UltraTap: No sticking. No turbulence. Just perfect pours, every time. From the inventor of the original Intertap comes Ultratap: the very latest i...View full details
This brand new five gallon stainless keg has ball-lock fittings and pressure relief valve in the lid. Measures 25" tall by 10" in diameter. Feature...View full details
Huskey HVS-100 Food Grade Gasket Lubricant is a non-hardening and non-carbonizing silicone lubricant, perfect for the seals on the Vessi Fermentor....View full details