- Product Details
- We’re in the face of an epidemic where Citra is the only cure—but it’s been hidden under lock and key! We’ve hoarded every last bit we could get our hands on and thrown it into a limited quantity of Zombie Dirt kits—as many as we could make with dwindling stores of the harvest. Act now and save yourself! Brew as much Zombie Dirt as you can before it’s too late.
One whiff of the infectious aromatics is enough to reanimate the dead. Zombie Dirt is a ballad to the epicly hard-to-find pale ale of the Midwest, an epidemic centered just outside of Chicago. Loaded with 8 oz. of pure Citra hops, this pale ale is rarer than zombified-unicorn dust.
Staggering citrus, melon and passion fruit come alive in this pale, single-hop Citra showcase. Toasty malt limps in the background as the apocalyptic bite of grapefruit-honeydew hop character lurches forward. Zombie Dirt is the only defense against homebrew hunger, but a single pint is never enough protection.
- Brewed with 100% Citra hops.
- Moderate kettle additions and large dry hop additions push the aroma of this beer to the maximum.
- Flavors and aromas of tropical fruits and citrus dominate, but are well balanced by the slightly toasty malt character brought forth by the addition of Munich malt.
- This is a beer intended to be consumed very fresh - the hop character will fade quickly with age.
- Additional Information
Beer Kit Yield 5 Gallons Recipe and Instructions Zombie Dirt Pale Ale All-Grain Complete Instructions Regional Style USA Original Gravity 1062 Total Time to Make 6 weeks
- 4.5 / 5.06 ReviewsWorth the priceI know this kit is a little pricey, but citra hops is in high demand right now due to its popularity and prices have gone up. This kit gives you a ton of hops which partly is being used to dry hop. Well worth it when you smell the citrus aroma when drinking it. This IPA is excellent and close to the real Zombie Dust but honestly there is nothing like ZD on tap at the brewery.November 19, 2015Won me a Medal!This is a great tasting beer. Had it ready in time so decided to enter this beer in the Bluebonnet Brewoff. Happy to say that I placed 3rd with this beer in the American IPA category. I also had a chance to compare this beer to the original. Slightly darker but very close.March 14, 2016Real NiceI have not tried the Original zombie but if it taste close to this clone then is just a awesome brew, have brewed this 2 times with another brew of this stuff this weekend .. i would really recommend making a yeast starter or if using dry yeast buy 2 packs! i only dry hope for 7 days! its a bit over priced but its hard to get citra hops right now. if you look in the right place you can put this kit together (all grain) for around 46 bux and thats with 2 pks of 04 dry yeast!September 18, 2015Phenomenal KitMade this kit 3 weeks ago and I just added the dry hops. Tasted the hydrometer sample it is pretty spot on with the original Zombiedust. The only issue (and it's not even an issue) is to check the Alpha Acid on the hops. Mine were 14.5% which when I plugged the recipe into Beersmith gave an extremely high IBU so I adjusted the hop additions just a tad. But if you just added all the hops I am sure it would be pretty good as well. I am looking forward to the side by side test.December 26, 2015Great kit!!Although I have not tasted the original zombie, I can still say that this is a great beer! Need to buy this again!!September 30, 2015Too ExpensiveI've researched and gone through many a trial-and-error cloning Zombie Dust, which includes talking to peeps @ 3F. This is a simple recipe that can be brewed much cheaper (even if you do extract). I actually prefer mine to the original and most of my friends that have tried it agree. I hate to bad mouth here, as I've been rather impressed with others such as the Plinian Legacy, but the price for this one is disappointing.June 15, 2015