- Product Details
The Tower of Power makes homebrewer dreams come true: a fully automated RIMS brewery with programmable specifications right in your own home. This system will monitor your temperatures, turn your burners on and off, start and stop pumps for recirculation or sparging, and more - all without your lifting a finger. Hold mash or sparge water temps to within 0.5F, perform complex multi-step mashes with ease, and get pro brewery-level efficiency from your grain. A RIMS system can also produce crystal clear wort.
The system is very adaptable and adjustable to your needs. The basic component is the Control Enclosure; buy one for your mash tun and get a second one for your sparge tank. Each Control Enclosure comes with all the parts needed to control one burner and monitor temperature. Note: some additional plumbing parts may be needed for your specific system.
The optional Pump Tower is a free-standing unit that is available with or without a March 815-HS pump. This unit is great for RIMS (recirculation infusion mash systems), but can be used for regular mashing and sparging as well. It features a wort sampling valve, a flow meter, and a low-flow rate alarm and is mountable on the Blichmann Top Tier. The optional Communications Cable allows you to connect the control unit and a computer; using the free software (Windows XP, Vista, and 7 only) you can program your schedules and control the system remotely. The Bushing allows you to install the Control Enclosure's temperature probe on 1/2" npt threads instead of a 1/2" hole (a bushing comes with each control enclosure).
Control Enclosure - each control enclosure includes the following:
- Ultra high precision and accuracy PID controller and Class A precision RTD temp sensor.
- Sensor can be installed in any 1/2" hole in your pot for a HLT or into any 1/2" NPT fitting with the included adapter bushing.
- A pilotless electronic ignition control system that adapts to ANY burner (gas or propane) not just ours! This ignitor will instantly relight your burner if blown out by a wind, and will shut down your gas if a flame is not detected within 10 sec and will sound an alarm. Includes industrial ignition electrode and high quality silicone/carbon fiber ignition wire.
- US made gas solenoid valve (installs on your burner gas supply)
- Data port for optional remote monitoring and mash profile programming (unlimited profiles) on your PC (optional com cable required)
- Convenient cable storage tray in the back of the enclosure to neatly store wires between uses.
- Includes a decal for MASH and one for HLT so you can label appropriately.
- Compact enclosure is 4.25"W, 7"H, 7"D - easy to integrate into your brew system
- Brushed stainless cover and gloss black powder coated case will look beautiful for years
Pump Tower - This optional free standing RIMS plumbing tower offers the following features:
- March 815 HS pump (can be purchased with or without the pump).
- Flow meter to set your mash recirculation rate and your lauter rate. Doubles as a visual wort color/clarity sight-glass!
- Adjustable low-flow alarm sounds a horn if your mash begins to stick or your flow slows for any reason.
- Custom designed 3-way valve will divert your wort from your mash tun to your boil kettle at sparge time with a twist of the wrist.
- Wort sampling valve to check for starch conversion or specific gravity/pH during the sparge.
- Conveniently mount one or two control modules (optional mounting plate required for second control)
- Tower includes integral GFCI recepticale for safety.
- Cleanup is a breeze! All you need is a bottling bucket.
- Optional mounting kit for TopTier owners to permanantly install the unit onto your stand!
- Gloss black powder coated tower will look beautiful for years.
- Control enclosure: 4.25"W, 7"H, 7"D
- Tower: Base - 15""W, 16"D, 43"H (49"H with the control enclosure)
- Power requirement: 2A 120V 60Hz (pump tower and 2 controllers)
- Additional Information
Support Documents: No Size No
- Product Reviews