Unlike competitive units made from simple kitchen-ware fitted with a basic false bottom, the HopRocket™ has been designed from the ground up as a purpose-built, heavy duty, hopback and hop infuser. This clean sheet approach means truly superior performance and features:
- Pressure tight - up to 40 PSI operation!
- Holds up to 3 oz of whole hops.
- 100% stainless construction & silicone seals
- No need to monitor wort level - will never overflow and spill like competitive units!
- Fully enclosed system from brew pot to fermentor means no volatile hop aromas are lost!
- Inlet at the bottom allows air to automatically purge to reduce hot-side aeration
- Fine filter with wiper seal sends very clear wort to your fermentor.
- Coarse filter and cone bottom inlet prevents wort channeling and backup for even hop utilization
- Works on gravity systems and with pumps (about 4ft (1M) of static head is recommended for best gravity performance)
- Doubles as an awesome hop infuser (Randalizer) for your dispensing system or kegerator
- 1/2" NPT connections are easy to adapt to. The HopRocket™does not include barbed fittings. "
- Measures 10" in height by 6.5" in width.
- Now features a High Flow Insert - allows higher flow rates and improves plug resistance.
Note: Not for use with pellet hops, only whole leaf hops.
Pairs well with a Northern Brewer keg system for use as a fresh hop infuser in your kegerator or keezer.
Proposition 65 Warning for California Consumers: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Difficulty finding whole leaf hops in small quantities to use for 5 gallon batches with the hop rocket
Only used as a Randall so far but it worked great. It’s a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Only giving it four stars because I think the design for sealing it could be a bit simpler. But like all bluchmann stuff, it’s built to last.
So, bought brass fittings to connect everything up to work as a hop infuser between my keg and my kegerator tap. Concept is great, but couldn't get the fitting to seal properely, so a lot of leakage and air voids causing a lot of foaming issues! Removed it and hooked up the keg the regular way. Ordered the new fittings that are supposedly made for it specifically, but I have read mixed reviews on them, so we will see. I will try again on my next batch, but I am starting to think it is just easier and foolproof to "dry hop" the keg.
It was a gift, but my son seemed to like it.
We used this bad boy to infuse our wort with fresh hop aroma and flavour on the way to the primary. Then, we used it to double down on hoppines ahead of the tap as a randalizer. WooHoo! It can be used as a filter, but we have not employed it this way yet. This piece of equipment is a homebrewer's Swiss Army Knife. Gitchersef one!