Fermenter's Favorites® Rack Magic® Mini Siphon
Introducing our newest siphon: Rack Magic®! Redesigned to offer superior strength and cleanability. This siphon is the easiest, quickest way to transfer wort from primary to secondary or to siphon your delicious brew from carboy to bottle. With the racking cane, it only takes a few minutes to siphon off your batch, and the tip on the racking cane is specially designed to minimize the pickup of sediment during transfer. Works with the 5/16" Siphon Clamp, too.
- Can be completely disassembled for cleaning
- Body is made out of 35% thicker plastic for better shatter resistance
- Bottom cap screws on so you will never lose it again
- Feels much more solid and well-built
- Purpose built for brewers by brewers
- Works best with 5/16" ID siphon hose, but 3/8" will work as well (not included)
- Max. operating temperature 140° F
- Length: 14.5"
Works with the 5/16" Siphon Clamp, too.
No additional information.
Tricky to get a continuous flow unless your vessel is 3-4 feet below your siphon. Also several small parts to clean and dry out before storage. It does avoid using your mouth and chancing bacteria in the beer!
this unit was difficult to get a prime with. I ended up in frustration just dumping the wort out until the goo overtook the liquid.
Makes racking and bottling a breeze! Prices so well its a no brainer. If you homebrew this tool is a must have.
Functions as advertised. Good value.
I bought this for use with 1 gallon batches. It took time to get used to; my larger one was much easier to use. Two issues I came across:
1. Cracking - I noticed cracks forming in the bend of the cane and around the bottom above the "Foot". No reason why these should appear.
2. Rubber Disintegration - The rubber on the interior part started to disintegrate. Not sure if it is due to using hot water and PBW or something else. Found a small blue ring inside where the rubber had started to come off.