Ferocious IPA Extract Beer Recipe Kit
If you can handle a huge hop slap in the face, then pour a pint of our Ferocious IPA. Crafted in honor of a massively popular IPA of the upper Midwest, this brash IPA uses 6 ounces of awesome hops for a bold brew that's barely balanced by a backdrop of toasty, caramel-y malt. It's a fizzy yellow beer drinkers worst nightmare, a hophead's dream, and a smooth full bodied brew so full of flavor you'll wish you'd have brewed more!
- Style: American IPA
- Fermentation Range: 65-70F
- Original Gravity: 1.065
- SRM: 11
- IBUs: 75
- ABV: 6.4%
- Aroma: Decidedly hop-forward with aromas of earthy pine, floral notes, and undertones of tropical stone fruit and slight citrus. Clean malt aroma with faint toast and caramel.
- Appearance: Amber color with ruby mahogany highlights with a slight dry-hopped haze. Firm and persistent off white to tan foam head.
- Flavor: High bitterness with piney, resinous, dark fruit and citrus hop flavors. Slightly toasty yet clean malt profile with low light caramel sweetness and a barely perceptible roast character.
- Mouthfeel: Medium body with moderate creaminess and a soft feel on the palate. No astringency. Low alcohol warmth.
“Yep, we did it again, another IPA. This time around we present a recipe modeled after a massively popular IPA brewed in the upper Midwest, and this is no ordinary hop bomb one-trick pony. Ferocious IPA is very well balanced between unmistakeable malt richness and undeniable hop presence. The groundwork of highly flavorful base malts provide deep, delicious malt notes of fresh crusty bread, while modest doses of crystal malt and light roasted barley provide this recipe’s complex malt depth and characteristic red-amber color. With a simple early hop addition for bracing bitterness, the end of the boil is where all the magic happens. A combination of Simcoe and Amarillo hops are employed over the last 15 minutes of the boil to boost flavor with notes of resinous pine, fresh flowers, citrus fruit and a faint tropical fruit subtlety. All of this magic is then capped off with yet more Simcoe and Amarillo in the dry hop, but also features the special guest Ahtanum to bolster the aroma with wafts of intense grapefruit citrus. Dive into a pint of Ferocious and join us up in the Bold North.”
|Total Time to Make||6 weeks|
|Beer Recipe Kit Instructions||Click here for recipe kit instructions|
It is still waiting to be brewed this weekend. However, this will be my second batch and I have selected it to be in my permanent rotation. The last batch aged and matured beautifully.
This recipe turned out fantastic. Excellent clean hoppy flavor that has a pleasant floral hint.
a great tasting ipa.really hop foward,citrus tasting flavors,GOOD BITTER,finishes out crisp and dry
Difficult to clear but worth it. Very good