Fruit Stand Wheat Extract Beer Recipe Kit
Wheat beer and fruit - a match made in brewer’s heaven. What starts off as an innocuous and unpretentious simple wheat beer is transformed into beer drinking nirvana with a dose of fruit puree. Fruit Stand Wheat sips with a smooth texture, starts off with a palate-pleasing soft wheat flavor and finishes with a bang thanks to the choice of fruit used. Ultimately satisfying and easy-drinking, this is a recipe sure to please everyone. Open up the Fruit Stand and brew up this transcendent treat.
If you prefer to use a fruit flavoring extract rather than canned puree, check out the great Silver Cloud flavors here. Use at packaging according to the dosage rates on the bottle.
- Style: Wheat Beer/Fruit or Spice Beer
- Fermentation Range: 65-70F
- Original Gravity: 1.048
- SRM: 4.5
- IBUs: 22
- ABV: 4.7%
- Aroma: Soft wheat malt with very low spicy and herbal hop aromas. Clean fermentation profile. The prevailing aroma is provided by the specific fruit puree used in the beer.
- Appearance: The base beer (without added fruit) is a deep straw to vibrant gold color with moderate haziness and a firm, lasting and brilliantly white foam cap. The final product will take on colors of the specific fruit puree used.
- Flavor: Supple wheat malt flavor of fresh bread and faint biscuit with medium-low bitterness. Medium fruit-specific flavors round out the profile.
- Mouthfeel: Medium bodied with a smooth creaminess and medium-long finish.
“Wheat beer and fruit - the combination is pretty much a guaranteed win. Beginning with a straightforward yet satisfying American style wheat beer base, fruit puree is added towards the end of fermentation to turn an otherwise ordinary wheat beer into a complex, fruity sipper perfect for any day of the year. The use of American Ale yeast provides this beer with a crisp and clean flavor profile as to not interfere with any of the flavors of wheat and fruit, while the single hop addition adds just enough bitterness to balance out the sweetness of the base beer and the added fruit to keep the final beer from finishing overly sweet. Dead simple and delicious!
Here at NB, our staff favorites were raspberry and apricot, but give it a go with anything you care to! For other fruit flavoring options, see the link above to view our collection of gourmet Silver Cloud flavorings.”
Looking for the All Grain Version?
|Total Time to Make||6 weeks|
|Beer Style||Wheat Beer|
|Beer Recipe Kit Instructions||Click here for recipe kit instructions|
I would have liked better directions as to when to add the fruit.
It's so hard to review a kit when you're just trying to learn how to brew because most often the mistake is on you more than the product, but this being the first batch I've felt any confidence, I gotta say I liked it. I chose mango, and I got a good hint of mango with standard wheat flavor. Good balance for when you live in warm climates.
Very nice interpretation of a Wheat beer easy drinker will buy again
I add peach purée in the secondary and cinnamon and vanilla extract for a nice peach cobbler wheat ! Turned out fantastic
Easy recipe, finished with an ABV of 5.2. I used raspberry extract in my conditioning fermenter. It made for a delicious raspberry wheat.