Ingredient Series: Yeast - Video Course
Northern Brewer University takes a deep dive into one of the most important of all brewing ingredients: yeast! In this online course, host Chip Walton explains what brewer's yeast is, the different strains and formats available to homebrewers, how it's produced, and gets some expert advice from Omega Yeast Labs and Fermentis on selecting and using yeast in your brewing.
The course is completely on demand, allowing you to complete it on your schedule. Once purchased you'll have unlimited access to the course content with no expiration or time limit.
Total running time: approx. 75 minutes of video content plus additional resources. Once you have purchased this course, you may watch it as many times as you like.
Chapter 01: Yeast 101
- Lesson 01: Introduction & Course Overview
- Lesson 02: What is Yeast?
- Lesson 03: Yeast Used for Beer Production
Chapter 02: Wort Production & Fermentation
- Lesson 01: Preparing Wort for Fermentation
- Lesson 02: Life Cycle of Yeast During Fermentation
Chapter 03: A Homebrewer’s Guide to Yeast
- Lesson 01: Types of Brewer’s Yeast
- Lesson 02: Vital Stats for Yeast Strains
- Lesson 03: Selecting a Proper Yeast Strain (Lance Shaner of Omega Yeast Labs)
- Lesson 04: How Liquid Yeast is Produced
- Lesson 05: Dry Yeast 101: How Dry Yeast is Produced & Used (Kevin Lane from Fermentis)
Chapter 04: Closing Thoughts & Additional Resources
- Lesson 01: Closing Thoughts & Additional Resources
- Lesson 02: Course Evaluation Survey
How To View This Course
- Once the course is purchased you will receive an email from Northern Brewer University.
- Open the email and click the link to set your password.
- Choose your password.
- Once your password is set you will be automatically logged-into the Northern Brewer University site and you can begin the course!
If you misplace your email you can always log into the Northern Brewer University Course Page Here.