Northern Brewer Dual-Stage Temp Controller
Expertly maintain temperatures during any stage of your fermentation or beer service with our dual stage digital temperature controller! Control from -58°F to 210°F without having to flip a switch. This easy to program controller will keep your fermenter, keezer, or conical at the right temp. Program your temp - plug in your heating and cooling devices and the controller will regulate your temperature to your desired setpoint.
Ideal for serving kegged beer at the perfect temperature or for controlling a fermentation chamber with exact precision. Mount it to the side of your fridge/kegerator or directly to the collar on your keezer build.
- Simple plug and play design with user-friendly LED interface
- Dual-stage - control both heating and cooling
- Independent adjustable Heating/Cooling differential
- Dual display window - see current temperature as well as setpoint temp at the same time.
- Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Compressor delay protection for refrigeration control
- 1000W max power
- High and low temperature and sensor fault alarms
- Control temperatures of -58° F - 210° F (-50° C - 99° C)
- Temperature Resolution: 0.1° F/ 0.1 ° C / Temperature Accuracy: 1°C / 1°F
- Body Dimensions: 5.5 in x 2.7 in x 1.3 in
- Sensor Length: 6.56ft / 2m
- Input Power Cable Length: 5ft /1.5m
- Output Power Cable Length: 1ft /30cm
|Support Documents - Instructions||Click here for instructions|
I connected the temp controller to a standard 7cu ft chest freezer. A little trial and error on best location for temp sensor - tried a thermowell, water jar, and secured to fermentation bucket with 2 inches of standard foam insulation. Thermowell was not a good choice as there were moderate temperature overshoots on the cool side (i.e. freezer ran too long based on the speed of cooling the liquid). Achieved good results with the other 2 methods, but settled on the insulated approach and have achieved +/- 1 deg control pretty effectively. If you're a hobbyist, like me, I'm not looking for "perfect control" - works great for me, allows lagering, etc. which was difficult for me to do previously (live in FL). I would recommend the product.
Easy to program and holds temperature right where needed.
Works as expected. Easy to use.
Great item thanks
Great way to utilize unused refrigerator, especially in the heat of the New Mexico desert southwest.