SafCider™ AS-2 Dry Yeast (5g) - Sweet Ciders
ADDS SWEETNESS AND COMPLEXITY TO CIDERS
Fermentis SafCider™ AS-2 is the best cider yeast for a fresh aromatic profile (apple, citrus) with nice elaborated fruit notes (applesauce) bringing a good overall complexity. Fast and clean fermenter with balanced acidity and flavors. This cider yeast works at a wide temperature range between 10-30°C (50-86°F) with ideal temperatures between 18-24°C (64-75°F). Works at low pH from 3.3. Low nitrogen requirements: from 150ppm of Yeast Available Nitrogen. Good assimilation of fructose. Highly flocculant.
For sweet and dry ciders, even under difficult fermentation conditions. Ideal to produce ciders with nice cooked fruit notes and a sweet and round mouthfeel.
SafCider™ AS-2 Characteristics:
- Temp Range: 50-86°F
- Taxonomy: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Aromas: Fresh apples, some citrus notes, with low banana/pear, high fruit compote ripe apple characteristics
- Mouthfeel: Sweet, low crispness
- Malic Acid Consumption: Medium - up to 0.9 g/L
- Max initial SO2: 100 mg/L
- Killer Factor: Sensitive
SafCider™ AS-2 can be directly pitched without rehydration. If you prefer to rehydrate, the instructions are below.
SafCider™ AS-2 Rehydration Procedure:
- Using a sanitized container collect a small amount of 95-105°F sterile water equal to 10 times the weight of the yeast. 10 ml/g of yeast.
- Optional: Add Go-Ferm Rehydration Nutrients. Rehydration with Go-Ferm is effective for helping the yeast survive the fermentation.
- Sprinkle yeast on water and let sit for 15 mins . Do not stir.
- After 15 mins stir to form "cream" and add to must/cider.
|Support Documents||Click here for documents|
|Min Fermenting Temp||
|Max Fermenting Temp||
TAKE IT EASY, TAKE E2U™
Till now, in the beer world, you had to take great care of yeasts prior to pitching. You had to rehydrate and acclimatize them while watching water and must temperature carefully.
With E2U™ active dry yeasts, you can pitch directly or rehydrate; depending on your equipment, habits, and feelings. Fermentis offers you the opportunity to make your life easier and eventually contribute to sustainability by saving water and energy. Any process you choose, we will be happy to ensure you the highest standards of quality, productivity, and security.
SAVE TIME. GET COMFORT. ACT GREEN.