Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy All Grain Beer Recipe Kit
- Style: American Wheat Beer/Fruit Beer
- Fermentation Range: 59 - 74 F
- OG: 1.045
- SRM: 4.5
- IBUs: 14
- ABV: 4.4%
- Aroma: Noticeable wheat-like maltiness with moderate fruity esters and pronounced lemon aroma.
- Appearance: Deep golden straw color with a slight haze. Firm, lasting brilliant white foam cap.
- Flavor: Smooth malt character of freshly baked bread with faint notes of water crackers. Low bitterness is just noticeable with prominent, refreshingly tart freshly squeezed lemonade flavors lingering after swallowing.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-low body with moderate creaminess and a slight tartness on the back of the tongue.
- Overall Impression: An easy sipping sessionable ale with well-balanced malt and hop character and a refreshing, lingering lemonade flavor on the finish.
|Total Time to Make||6 weeks|
|Beer Style||American Wheat Beer, Fruit Beer|
|Beer Recipe Kit Instructions||Click here for recipe kit instructions|
The beer turned out ok but I wasn't super impressed. This was my first NB kit and compared to my usual brand I wasn't very impressed. The grain was hardly milled so efficiency wasn't great either. The flavor of the beer itself was ok, I wish it had more lemon though.
Everyone that has tried this beer has enjoyed! Even my sister that didn't like craft beer at all. Will definitely be brewing this one again soon.
Great light beer for drinking while doing afternoon projects!!
Great summer lawnmower beer, the crystalized lemon isn't too strong and just a hint there to make it an easy drinkable beer for those hot summer days..I've brewed this one twice and great results each time!
Not too lemony makes it a nice drinker. Easy to make all-grain.