The Brew Bag BIAB 2:1 Locking Ratchet Pulley
This locking ratchet is made to lift the BIG Brew in a Bag grain bills. The rope is Solid Braided Polypropylene and the hooks are Zinc Plated Steel. To remove the bag, pull up on the bag to reduce tension and push the thumb release. If the release will be out of reach, attach the 1/8" rope and pull down.
Maximum Load Limit: 250 lbs - 2:1 Pulling Ratio - 17' Solid 3/8" Braided Polypropylene Rope
Easy to Use
- Hang the locking ratchet system on a tested secure source by S-Hook located next to small metal pulley.
- Push the thumb release on the ratchet to free rope and pull the ratchet close to the bag loops.
- Hook bag loops onto the S hook or separate carabiner attached to black ratchet.
- Now pull the loose end of 3/8 rope to raise the bag.
- You'll hear the ratchet clicking - which locks the rope and bag in place.
|Support Documents - Instructions||Click here for instructions|
I have a torn rotator in my right shoulder, and this is just what I needed to lift my wash for sparring.
Works like a charm once you can figure out what the instructions is telling you. Easy after that. I like to brew in a bag and this helped out a lot when pulling the bag out of the wort and allowing it to drain. I usually run wort over the bag to make sure I get all of the goodness off the grains. If you have a folding ladder, use a 2x4 with a eye bolt so you have a cheap stand and a way to hook the ratchet on something to draw and hang the pulley attached to the BIAB grain bag. No need to build or buy a stand if you already have a ladder and 2x4 in your garage..unless you want to. Me, I have a cluttered garage and have no more room for anything else like a stand.