Homebrewing 201: Beyond the Basics - Video Course
This home brewing course is designed to help new and intermediate home brewers take their beer to the next level with in-depth discussions and demonstrations of techniques and equipment focused on five key topics:
- Fermentation Temperature Control - Is temperature important, why?
- Oxygenation - Do you need to add oxygen to your wort, how much?
- Yeast Pitch Rates - How does the amount of yeast affect your beer?
- Boil Volume - How does boil affect the quality of your beer?
- Actively Chill Wort - Why is chilling important, and what's the best way?
Your host Sabastian will walk you through each of these topics in a chapter and lesson format. The course is completely on demand allowing you to complete it on your schedule. Once purchased you'll have unlimited access to the course content with no expiration or time limit.
Chapter 1 - Course Introduction & Overview
- Lesson 1: Course Introduction & Overview
Chapter 2 - Control Fermentation Temperature
- Lesson 1: Fermentation Impact on Beer Flavor
- Lesson 2: Temperature Impact on Yeast Performance
- Lesson 3: Understanding Optimal Fermentation Temperature
- Lesson 4: Methods for Controlling Fermentation Temperature
- QUIZ #1: Fermentation Temperature Control
Chapter 3 - Pitch More Yeast
- Lesson 1: Yeast Overview
- Lesson 2: Ideal Pitch Rate for Homebrew
- Lesson 3: Overpitching and Under-pitching Yeast
- Lesson 4: Option #1 - Buy & Pitch More Yeast
- Lesson 5: Option #2 - Make a Yeast Starter
- Quiz #2: Pitch More Yeast
Chapter 4 - Oxygenation
- Lesson 1: Oxygenation Overview
- Lesson 2: When to Add Oxygen to Wort
- Lesson 3: Methods for Adding Oxygen to Wort
- Lesson 4: Oxygenation Recap
Chapter 5 - Increase Boil Volume
- Lesson 1: Boil Volume Overview
- Lesson 2: Benefits of a Full Volume Boil
- Lesson 3: New Equipment - Kettle & Burner
Chapter 6 - Actively Chill Wort
- Lesson 1: Wort Chilling Overview
- Lesson 2: Benefits of Quickly Chilling Your Wort
- Lesson 3: Wort Chilling Methods & Equipment
Chapter 7 - Parting Words & Course Evaluation
- Lesson 1: Final Thoughts, Thanks, and Course Evaluation
- Homebrewing 201: Course Evaluation Survey
How To View This Course
- Once the course is purchased you will receive an email from Northern Brewer University.
- Open the email and click the link to set your password.
- Choose your password.
- Once your password is set you will be automatically logged-into the Northern Brewer University site and you can begin the course!
- Please Note! If you already have an account on the Northern Brewer University site you can simply login to view your new course!
If you misplace your email you can always log into the Northern Brewer Course Page Here.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.