The Grainfather Connect - Self Contained Electric All Grain Beer Brewing System
The Grainfather allows you to mash, sparge, boil and cool, all in one fully electric, self-contained system. Now includes the Connect Controller. You can take direct control of the Grainfather with your iPhone or Android using Bluetooth. Use the Connect Control Box in conjunction with the Connect App for the ultimate brewing experience.
The Grainfather is an all-in-one All-Grain brewing system designed to declutter your brew cave and put everything you need in one compact package. No need to take your craft outside, with this fully electric system you are safe to brew indoors!
The Grainfather system is the perfect brewing companion for both new and experienced All-Grain brewers looking to streamline the brewday experience.
Please allow 1-3 weeks for delivery, as The Grainfather will ship directly from the manufacturer via FedEx Ground.
The Grainfather features:
- Full Five Gallon Batch Capacity
- 304-grade stainless steel superior body, with 8 US Gal (30 L) capacity
- Expandable grain basket to suit grain bills up to 19.8 lbs (9kg)
- A robust magnetic drive pump (6 watt, 1800 RPM) and wort recirculation pipe with insulated handle, ensuring consistent temperatures throughout the mash and maximizing efficiencies
- Pump filter to keep hops and stray grain in the boiler, and your wort clear and bright
- Counterflow Wort Chiller with copper inner coil, cooling your wort to <68°F within 20mins
- Toughened plastic control box and display screen, giving you total temperature and pump control. Dial in the exact temperature for your mash, allowing both step mashing and single temperature mashing with very fast ramp up between steps
- Dual heating element (1600 watt and 600-watt elements) allowing you to switch between heating quickly to a vigorous boil and maintaining a stable temperature
- Tempered glass lid for maximum durability, heating efficiencies and visibility during your brewday
- Top and bottom mesh screens for your grain basket, allowing even distribution of your sparge water and ensuring no grain enters the boiler
- Dimensions: 29" H x 19.1" L x 17.2" W
New Connect Controller Details:Automation without removing the fun of brewing, be as involved as you want to be! More automation means you can multitask or simply relax while brewing and then be alerted when to return for your next step. Use the Connect Control Box in conjunction with the Connect App for the ultimate brewing experience.
Connect Controller Instructions
Control Box Features:
- Bluetooth connection to your mobile device so it can be controlled remotely
- PID algorithm works in conjunction with a triac for more stable heating and so you can control power output
- Programmable step mashing
- Delayed heating - fill your Grainfather with water the night before and wake up to your water at strike temperature ready for brewing straight away
- Change between Celsius and Fahrenheit easily
- Waterproof graphic display
- Lugs at rear which can be changed to suit any Grainfather currently on the market
- Use in manual mode or with app
- Grainfather Grain Kit recipes provided in app
- Import Beer XML files
- Set your own boil temperature (for different altitudes)
- Change between Celsius and Fahrenheit easily
- Grainfather calculators provided in app
NOTE: Required Specifications for the App are:
- Hardware: iPhone 4S or higher
- Software: iOS8 or higher??. Must have Bluetooth 4.0 or higher
- Hardware: Android 4.3 (API Level 18) or higher
- Software: Must have Bluetooth Low Energy (LE)/Bluetooth Smart
Proposition 65 Warning for California Consumers: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
For sure all good. Haven't even used it yet because I'm aquiring other things as in a Spike Flex fermentor and a DIY glycol chiller, but soon, we will brew. I was at your Minneapolis location for the first time visiting the brick and morter site, loved it. Loved the experience.
Overall love the all in one brew system. My only wish is that it boiled a little better. It’s more of a summer than a rolling boil.
I got the Grainfather for my husband. I had bread purchasing experience and he is enjoying using it. He has brewed 3 times in it now and I’ve loved the results while he loved the process ????
I've been using this for a year and its really a joy to brew on. It doesn't necessarily shorten the brew day, but its greatly simplified. Really a well thought out design.
Overall, I really like the Grainfather. It has certainly made all-grain brewing easier. Ther remote alerts to your phone to tell you it's at the next brew point are awfully convenient. It lets me go about my day a bit more while brewing. I got it during the father's day sale with a 50lb bag of 2-row so the price was great too. I'd still recommend it at full price. I have a couple of minor gripes listed below, but I still think it deserves 5 stars.
The use of the connect features is not quite as well documented as I would have liked. It required a bit of fooling around to figure out what I was supposed to do to make it all work. My first brew I basically did it all manually. the next brew I accidentally got it working and it's much better. I recommend watching one of the many review videos on YouTube and you'll see how it's done.
You do definitely need a hop spider with this. Again, the first batch I tried just throwing the hops into the wort during the boil. The pump strainer kept clogging during wort cooling. With a spider during the next batch, I didn't really have any trouble with clogging. I don't want to seem disloyal to Northern Brewer, but the hop spider they sell is more than twice as expensive as what you can find elsewhere (like Amazon). Maybe buy it on Amazon and use the savings to buy more ingredients from Northern?