You are shopping Northern Brewer US shopping site, to view our Canadian shopping site - Click Here
- Product Details
- Pronounced flavors of lemon, melon and herbal undertones make Lemondrop hops a natural fit for the fruity esters and spicy phenolics inherent to the classic Saison style. Pouring with perfect synergy, Lemondop Saison shines a deep golden color, with moderate bitterness, a dry finish and an astounding depth of flavor. Bright, complex and absolutely quenchable…quaffable? We mean you will thoroughly enjoy drinking it. Preferably on a porch swing. Be sure to ferment this recipe on the warm side to ensure full flavor development and enjoy it while the sun shines.
- Style: Saison
- Fermentation Range: 69 - 75F
- OG: 1.060
- SRM: 6
- IBUs: 25
- ABV: 7.2%
- Distinct estery and phenolic Saison character
- Medium - light body
- Lemon, melon and herbal notes
- Moderate bitterness
- Dry finish
- Additional Information
Beer Kit Yield 5 Gallons Recipe and Instructions Lemondrop Saison Extract Beer Kit Instructions Regional Style Belgian Original Gravity 1.060 Total Time to Make 6 weeks
- 5.0 / 5.04 ReviewsGood Summer BeerThis beer turned out pretty good, definitely a good Summer beer. It goes down easy and not real bitter or heavy. It does have a lemon like flavor, but not overbearing at all. I used the Wyeast and it tapped out at 7.75 ABV. I have read where people fermented at higher temps to get a more fruity flavor, I kept it at about 70 to 72. For me it is about right, I wouldn't want it any more fruit notes to it. This yeast bubbled for about 7 to 8 days.April 22, 2018Purchased
1 month agoGreat BeerJust opened a bottle after 3 weeks primary fermentation and one week in the bottle...plenty of carbonation and great lemon taste not overpowering...will be a great summer beer will make it again for sure.April 21, 2018Purchased
1 month agoeasy clean brewFirst time brewing a saison style - used the dry safale yeast option and bottled after 15 days in primary, 7.3%. Opened one after three days, a little under carbonated (sure) but crisp and clear, good upfront aroma with a bit of a punch.April 21, 2018Purchased
1 month agoGreat Saison with a citrus tasteBrewed as per instructions. I left in 2nd fermenter an extra week. Bottled and tried one after only conditioning for a week. It was just about fully carbonated. A few day later and it was 100% ready. Mine came out a bit lighter than the picture shows. The taste is a good Belgian yeast taste, but not too much. I get more of the lemon/citrus taste at the end. Admittedly, I was nervous that this would be super sweet which it is definitely not. Its not heavy at all and so smooth it makes silk feel like sandpaper Great beer to make spring feel a bit closer than it feels. Cheers on a great product.April 6, 2018Purchased
2 months ago
- Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 2 answersadded the bme at beginning of boil instead of at 10 mins. left. primary ferment really churning but looks like its full of crud. is this a bad thing? will it clear up?BEST ANSWER: Do you mean DME?
It shouldn't matter at beginning or end. It just needs to have10 mins at boil temp to sanitize it prior to cooling it down.Do you have a small batch?BEST ANSWER: We do not have a small batch version of this kit. Cheers!I'm looking to make a strawberry wheat beer, which wheat beer kit would be the best option?
You may also be interested in: