Cascade Hops Rhizome - Pre-Order for Spring 2021
Grow your own Cascade hops!
These Cascade Rhizomes are root cuttings off the hop bine; to be planted in well-drained soil with plenty of sun and room to climb, then harvest and dry the flower cones in late summer for your brewing pleasure!
Cascade hops have an unmistakable grapefruit citrus aroma and flavor. Cascade is great for new hop growers.
Note: Rhizomes will ship directly from the grower starting in mid-April. Minimum order must contain two rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Rhizomes will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid-April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes. Since these are live rootstock, we cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide the greatest chances of success.
- Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
|Support Documents - Instructions||Click here for instructions|
Cascade: the hop that started it all. A true American invention, Cascade was bred in Oregon and eventually spread throughout the country. It can be used in almost any style of American ale, and is a true Jack-of-All-Trades: perfect for bittering, end-of-boil addition, or even dry-hopping.
Typical Cascade Hop Statistics:
- Alpha Acids: 4.5 - 8.9%
- Beta Acids: 3.6 - 7.5%
- Cohumulone: (% of alpha acids): 33 - 40%
- Total Oils in mls per 100 grams dried: 0.8 - 1.5 mL/100g
- Retains 50% alpha acid after 6 months storage at 20ºC (68ºF)
Took awhile to receive in the mail. I had to remind the growers about my order, so I didn't get a full growing season. Fingers crossed for next year!
Cascade Hops Rhizome - Sold out for 2020
I am revising my review from below (adding one more star) because of the great customer service and follow up from NB. I did not contact NB earlier about the Cascade Rhizome, but after I reviewed and posted my issue NB promptly contacted me and refunded the rhizome. No questions asked. For me it was not about the refunded money, but about the great service and follow up. NB did not ask for me to revise the review, but I felt compelled to do so because or the excellent service.
Only one grew, the one that did grow was great.
Strongest of my five plants, later than Chinook in developing. Don't have any lupulin in the flowers yet but looks like a good yield. Very branchy high up will make for interesting shade in my hop beer garden deck in years to come. Zone 6 midwest recommended.