Chinook Hop Rhizome - Available for Pre-Order
Grow your own Chinook hops!
These Chinook Rhizomes are root cuttings of the hop bine; to be planted in well-drained soil with plenty of sun and room to climb, then harvest and dry the flower cones in late summer for your brewing pleasure! The is a root cutting from a Chinook vine.
Chinook is categorized as a high alpha variety with an aroma of spicy, piney and a distinct grapefruit. The variety has a good resistance to disease but is susceptible to powdery mildew.
Note: This is a pre-order item; rhizomes will ship directly from the grower starting in mid April. Minimum order is two rhizomes, they can be different types.
- These are a pre-order, and will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes. Since these are live root stock, we cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide greatest chances of success.
- Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
|Support Documents - Instructions||Click here for instructions|
Last Day for Pre-Orders is March 31, 2020.
Chinook: provides a spicy, piney flavor with high alpha, used for bittering and late additions in American ales.
Flavor Profile: Medium intensity, spicy, piney and distinct with subtle tones of grapefruit
Typical Beer Styles: US-style Pale Ale, IPA, Stout, Porter, Lager
Typical Chinook Hop Statistics:
- Alpha Acids: 12.0 — 14.0%
- Beta Acids: 3.0 — 4.0%
- Co-Humulone: 29 — 34% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 1.5 — 2.5 mls/100g
Second year and I harvested some hops
I one not take last year, but this year the two I planted are well on their way. Already about 6 inches up the rope. The Centennial I planted about 5 years ago are extremely reliable at this point now too.
Took a while to recieve these, but the quality was great. Healthy rhizome with healthy shoots within a week of planting
I imagine the shipping time wasn't 100% on NB. Harvesting rhizomes isnt always a "mark the calander sort of task"
Overall, very pleased.
They started growing right away after planting.
Sprouted up already 6” tall.