Ingredient Series: Hops - Video Course
Northern Brewer University takes a deep dive into every brewer’s favorite flower: hops! Host Nate Dexter looks at what hops are; where and how they are grown and harvested; and how they are used in homebrewing. As part of the course, we dissect homebrew recipes to illustrate hops’ many uses in the brewing process and suggest methods for sensory analysis to evaluate new hop varieties at home.
The course is completely on demand, allowing you to complete it on your schedule. Once purchased you'll have unlimited access to the course content with no expiration or time limit.
Chapter 01 - Introduction
- Lesson 01 - Class Overview
Chapter 02 - Hops 101
- Lesson 01 - What Are Hops?
- Lesson 02 - Growing and Harvesting Hops
- Lesson 03 - Hops Growing Regions of the World
Chapter 03 - Using Hops in Homebrew
- Lesson 01 - Formats of Hops
- Lesson 02 - Hops Effect on Beer
- Lesson 03 - When & How to Use Hops in Brewing
Chapter 04 - Understanding & Selecting Hops
- Lesson 01 - Selecting Hops
- Lesson 02 - Comparing Hops in Homebrew Recipes
- Lesson 03 - Sensory Analysis at Home
Chapter 05 - Goodbye
- Lesson 01 - Goodbye & Additional Resources
How To View This Course
- Once the course is purchased you will receive an email from Northern Brewer University.
- Open the email and click the link to set your password.
- Choose your password.
- Once your password is set you will be automatically logged-into the Northern Brewer University site and you can begin the course!
If you misplace your email you can always log into the Northern Brewer Course Page Here.