Galena Hops Rhizome - Sold Out for 2022
Grow your own Galena hops!
These Galena Rhizomes are root cuttings of the hop bine; to be planted in well-drained soil with plenty of sun and room to climb, then harvest and dry the flower cones in late summer for your brewing pleasure! Galena expresses sweet fruits such as grapes and peaches but also offers earthy tones.
Note: This is a pre-order item; rhizomes will ship directly from the grower starting in mid April. Minimum order is two rhizomes, they can be different types.
- These are a pre-order, and will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes. Since these are live root stock, we cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide greatest chances of success.
- Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order. Rhizomes are not available for international shipping.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
- Due to government restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes internationally.
|Support Documents - Instructions||Click here for instructions|
Galena: Super alpha hop, one of the most widely used bittering hops in the US. Can be used for aroma as well.
Typical Galena Hop Statistics:
- Alpha Acids: 12%
- Beta Acids: 7.5%
- Co-Humulone: 39% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 0.9 - 1.3 mls/100g