Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy Extract Beer Recipe Kit
Shining with a slightly hazy, golden radiance and topped with fluffy clouds of brilliant white foam, Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy delivers a refreshing slice of summertime in every sip! Like a trip to the corner lemonade stand – with a deliciously grown-up detour – this shandy combines an all-American style wheat beer with a heaping dose of real crystallized lemon. The result is an incredibly refreshing session-strength ale featuring the tang of freshly-squeezed lemonade without the sugary sweetness. Perfect for any outdoor activity, from swimming holes to sandlot pickup games, Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy is a great go-to, whether you’re looking for a fun, easy-going seasonal fling, or summery brew so refreshing, you’re happy to sip it all year long.
- Style: American Wheat Beer/Fruit Beer
- Fermentation Range: 59 - 74F
- OG: 1.045
- SRM: 4.5
- IBUs: 14
- ABV: 4.4%
- 1-Gallon Extract Kit also available
- Aroma: Noticeable wheat-like maltiness with moderate fruity esters and pronounced lemon aroma.
- Appearance: Deep golden straw color with a slight haze. Firm, lasting brilliant white foam cap.
- Flavor: Smooth malt character of freshly baked bread with faint notes of water crackers. Low bitterness is just noticeable with prominent, refreshingly tart freshly squeezed lemonade flavors lingering after swallowing.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-low body with moderate creaminess and a slight tartness on the back of the tongue.
- Overall Impression: An easy sipping sessionable ale with well-balanced malt and hop character and a refreshing, lingering lemonade flavor on the finish.
Brewmaster Brad's Thoughts:
|Total Time to Make||6 weeks|
|Beer Style||American Wheat Beer, Fruit Beer|
|Beer Recipe Kit Instructions||Click here for recipe kit instructions|
One of the best summer beers my son and I have made. We have made about 25 five gallon batches of beer.
The five people who tasted this, including myself, were unanimous in the belief that this beer had absolutely no discernable lemon flavor. I wasn't expecting lemonade, but I'm talking nada, none, zip, zero. I still gave it four stars because it is a crisp, enjoyable beer, regardless.
I must say I was pleasantly surprised by this beer. I am normally not one for “flavored” beers, but decided to give this a try because it was a quick and easy brew. It is actually really very good and I will now make this a staple during the hot summer days. Give it a try.
Good beer but needs more lemon flavor. I added an additional 6 grams of lemon crystals but still only very slight lemon flavor. If you add a slice of lemon to the glass of beer the lemon flavor is just about right.
I bought this for my husband and it turned out great!